View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Corporal

Anthony_Scott is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Operation CAST LEAD

Excellent scenario, it took me a minute to sort things out! I have passed it on to one of my friends who has WinMBT in Israel.

Here is an excellent article about the IDF in Gaza which might help in fine-tuning your scenario:

http://yaacovlozowick.blogspot.com/2...-thinking.html

Here is a quote that might help:

Quote:
I'm no more informed than the rest of you, but allow me to suggest what may be happening (this is pure conjecture). As described above, at this stage of attrition the Hamas men are almost on their own, perhaps in small groups. They're tired and frightened, or at least, tired and very tense. They've been under fire for ten days, most of which were filled with frustrated anticipation: even assuming they've been raring for a fight the whole time, it has been slow in coming and doesn't appear all that imminent even now. Their leaders are out of sight, their closer commanders may also be gone. They realize that the tunnel they intended to use to resupply has been bombed, nor are many reinforcements likely to come. All this would still be alright if only the IDF infantry would walk into their carefully prepared traps. But the IDF isn't doing that. Instead, it's inching forward. Its infantry seems to have excellent intelligence about each building; instead of racing forward like an elephant into a booby-mined trap, it fights for a building, kills some of the defenders but captures others, interrogates them about the other buildings on the street and only then moves forward to the next one.
Semper Fi, Carry On

Go Israel!

(My bad-had the wrong link to the blog post..corrected now.)

Last edited by Anthony_Scott; January 6th, 2009 at 03:52 PM..