View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:40 PM

Corporal

Shangrila00 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paralyze vs Stellar Cascades

I decided to do some tests on the effectiveness of truly massed WoP. Some observations:

1) Mictlan priests are good for something other than research with the removal of SDRs after all. As the cheapest way of testing, I massed a ton of Mictlan priests, had 8 cast sabbath slave and the rest sabbath master, and spam WoP. A dozen priests spamming WoP paralyzed most of the AI army in 3 rounds. Sure a dozen real communioned mages spamming evocations would have destroyed the entire army in 3 rounds, but no way they wouldn't kill 8 b1 slaves in the process.

2) WoP was actually killing their targets. After paralyzing them once, further successful paralysis hits were doing hp damage. Only a few points at a time, but I had so many priests and so few regular troops that around 1/3 the AI troops ended up dying to endlessly spammed WoP before my troops could go and kill them. I didn't know paralysis damage did hp damage. Anyone know how exactly that works? I had a D9 bless on those priests, but I didn't think blesses worked on spells except for increased affliction chance.

3) For a supposed 100 precision spell, strange that it ended up paralyzing my jaguars a few times. How does that work?

Here's a question that I really don't want to replay a dozen turns to find out the answer to myself. My test was in magic 3 dominion (which probably helps explain why WoP was so effective), so the priests were at ~75 fatigue after casting sabbath. The enemy didn't last long enough for them to go unconcious. But had they been in neutral magic, sabbath should cost 99 fatigue, and the master priests would go unconcious with the first WoP they cast. Now, I know unconcious mages should recover 5 fatigue per turn they are unconcious, but is that recovery before or after they cast spells? Ie, since priest spells are guaranteed to generate less than 5 fatigue, will the priests cast every turn even if it was driven unconcious by the previous turn's casting, or will they spend every few turns unconcious not casting?