Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Crash when loading map in campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherCub View Post

Steps to replicate

1. Select Long campaign as Germany.
2. Buy some core forces.
3. When you get to the buy support units screen, buy some stuff.
4. Then select view map.
5. Select load custom map.
6. Select the attached map.
7. Exit edit map mode.
8. Click done in the buy support forces screen. The game will crash for me, either immediately or during deployment.
I followed all 8 steps, the only deviation was I renamed the map you provided to 400 so as not to overwrite maps in my folder.

I got the same result as you...the game froze. I tried that same map as a custom map for a scenario and it froze.

I tried it as a custom map for a generated battle and the game froze when I pressed start turn

I then built a map myself as you described..."created by using the map generator and then editing some stuff manually"

Followed the steps you made for purchasing etc. exactly .........and the game ran perfectly

So....... I would say, again, the problem is at your end. How many maps have you made that do this ?..........also, did you "created by using the map generator and then editing some stuff manually" using the in game map editor or did you use the custom map editor. This *may* be the key, my test was with a map made using the in game map editor...... I will test using one made in the custom editor now.......

NO change in my result....game ran flawlessly with the extended map editor map

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....