View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2020, 04:24 PM

Corporal

ErikCumps is on a distinguished road
Default Re: War Cabinet 0.8.0 is available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAreil View Post
This looks great, thanks a lot!

Had only time for a quick test but 2 questions did pop up:

1) How do I get a whole campaign in my dossier? Do I have to add a savegame of each battle fought?
I tried with some old campaign savegames but if I did see correctly only the current battle was shown.

2) Any chance to get the country flags in the dossier changeable?
Swastika is still forbidden in some (my) country and I prefer the alternative cross available with WinSPWW2.
Thanks for your comments KAreil.

Yes, it is possible to track the different battles in a campaign.

For best results, I advise to add at least two savegames for each battle: one as close as possible
to the start of the battle (preferably at deployment time) and one as close as possible to the end
of the battle, preferably after the scoring.

Regarding the German country flag, I understand your request. The alternative flag you are referring
to comes from the "German Cross" graphics set? (See bitmap attched to this post)

If so, than it is a simple matter of replacing the bitmap in the warcab.res resource file.

For your convenience, I have already created and attached an alternative warcab.res file.
(it is zipped, so please extract this in your warcab installation folder to overwrite the original file).

Looking for a more structural solution, what do you think would be most appropriate?
  1. A separate download with an alternative 'warcab.res' file?
  2. Adding the alternative warcab.res file to the release,
    together with a small text file explaining how to copy it over the original warcab.res file?
    (like winSPWW2 is doing it)
  3. Adding the alternative warcab.res file to the release,
    together with two small .bat files that can be run to copy the original or alternative warcab.res file?
  4. A single warcab.res file containing both the original and the alternative flag
    and a warcab preference option to choose which type of flag should be visible?

I have a slight preference for option #4.

Erik

For your con
Attached Images
File Type: bmp flag_GE_cross.bmp (3.2 KB, 301 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip warcab.res.zip (1.31 MB, 333 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ErikCumps For This Useful Post: