Thread: Themes
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2003, 06:42 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Themes

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocus:

Now that we are at this, do you plan to add renforcements as a script command in a patch, one day? all we need is that the #commander and #units command accept an additional parameter, that is the number of turn the force is created. That would ask for more coding in the binary, sure. Generally speaking, do you plan to improve the scripting langage after the game is released? I know you added multi provinces victory conditions, but thats IMO not enough to do complex scenarios.

Also several problems remains, for example adding a fortress and independants, will lead to indeps being inside. So in essence you give freely to the player the exterior, and a single scout can besiege the fortress.

I know that some other players indulge themselves in mapmaking. If you consider adding additional commands in the script language, then we can perhaps suggest what we would need the most?
The problem with triggers is that the mapfile is not used after the initial setup of the world. The triggers must be included in the fatherland file somehow. This is not yet done, but I like the idea as well. This is one of the more probable addons in upcoming patches. I'm currently working on a map that will probably not be included in the release of the game. Time is short and the map is extraordinary. I have some scenario ideas for this map.

Indep fort defense is a problem. Hmm, got an idea.

Send in suggestions regarding scripting. They might very well be included now or in an upcoming patch.