View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road
Disk WinSPWW2 Infantry Icons Mod - Cross Infantry 1.0

Edit: If you want the Cross Infantry Snow Camo Mod, it's a separate download found here:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...915#post820915

This mod changes all the infantry in the game, including infantry sections/squads, cavalry, infantry ATk teams, HMG and motorcycle units, but does not change gun crews.

The mod includes all five uniform colours, and all infantry section sizes (from 1 to 19) for a total of 140 icons.

Motorcycle Sidecars

Currently all motorcycle sidecar units use the same generic MC sidecar icon, so the Soviet MC sidecar looks exactly like the German sidecar. It has been this way since the game was first designed. I have included a different sidecar icon for each of the five nation colours, as the game designers may rectify this at a future date.

Meanwhile, you can choose to download this infantry mod with:

• The ‘German’ feld-grey MC sidecar

or

• A hybrid MC sidecar that will serve as a generic icon

If you only use or oppose German sidecars, then I recommend the German version.

DOWNLOAD

Download one of the attached files:

Cross Infantry Mod 1.0 (with German sidecar)
or
Cross Infantry Mod 1.0a (with generic MC sidecar)

INSTALLATION

1. Unzip the ‘Cross Infantry Mod 1.0’ folder to your desktop.
2. Go into the folder and copy or move the 5 ‘shp’ files into the games GRAPHICS folder, and ‘replace all’.

Before you replace the original files, I recommend backing them up, by renaming them Icon0010.orig.shp or moving them to a folder called Original Infantry Icons, or something.

Your Graphics folder is located here:
WinSPWW2/Game Data/Graphics

Cross Infantry 1.0 modifies these files:

Icon0010.shp
Icon0011.shp
Icon0012.shp
Icon0013.shp
Icon0055.shp

NOTES

1. With infantry icon mods I’ve found there’s an adjustment period where you’ll need to get used to the feel of the new icons. After spending scores of hours with one set, a new set may seem a bit odd at first, but after a battle or two they will feel natural.

2. In SP, some infantry ATk teams use the ‘two man infantry section’ icon not the ‘infantry ATk team’ icon. This has nothing to do with this mod, it was either a game design decision or it’s a pre-existing error in the game’s OOB.

Also, keep in mind that the game only uses one infantry anti-tank icon per uniform colour. So although the icon may show a Panzerschreck, the ATk team may actually be carrying a Panzerfaust or ATk rifle etc.

3. Some of these new icons will be easier to see than the originals, but some may be harder, depending on the icon, nation and terrain. To make infantry more visible, you can turn on ‘ID Tags’ in Preferences which puts a flag in the hex of each unit. I recommend you download the Mini ID Flag Mod, that obscures unit icons less by putting a smaller flag above the unit. Like this:

Before and After

Mini-flag mod download location:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48017

Shrapnel Mod Advisory

This mod only changes Infantry icons, so can be installed mid-battle with no PBEM, security or OOB problems.

However, this mod is not endorsed or supported by Shrapnel Games or The Camo Workshop.

---

This is the same mod that I posted in 2010 here:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=46332

I thought this mod belongs in the new 'Mods sub-forum'

Attached ZIP files:

Cross Infantry Mod 1.0 (with German sidecar)
Cross Infantry Mod 1.0a (with generic MC sidecar)

Attached Files
File Type: zip Cross Infantry Mod 1.0.zip (15.0 KB, 1831 views)
File Type: zip Cross Infantry Mod 1.0a.zip (15.2 KB, 1179 views)

Last edited by Cross; June 28th, 2013 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: link to infantry snow camo mod
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post: