View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2018, 09:14 PM

Corporal

jp10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A proposal for sewer movement

Relatively easy as a defender but even with just two sentries on each opening the manpower requirements can be a drain. If you booby trap the sewers you deny yourself using them for communication, casualty evacuation or routes to reinforce or evacuate surrounded pockets of resistance.
For the attacker they offer a worthwhile avenue to exploit if missed by the defender.
For both it is an aspect of military warfare that is ignored with risk.

From the Warsaw uprising:
"From that point on, “sewer paranoia” developed among the German forces in Warsaw. The Germans lived in constant anxiety that resistance fighters had the ability to come out of the sewers unexpectedly and to strike at German positions from the rear."

"... From the Zoliborz district we set out on far reaching reconnaissance missions to the Wola and Ochota districts."

I am currently testing the game play. The fact that the sewer unit has a crew of 6 adds an oddness to the concept. If I hide a RPG team in a sewer (set for a 10% chance of appearing as a reinforcement after turn 5) the team usually appears turns 7-10 but after they leave the sewer I can then bailout the crew and have six guys with pistols running around which seems a little goofy.

Last edited by jp10; July 24th, 2018 at 09:26 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to jp10 For This Useful Post: