View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2019, 07:50 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT V13 ( 2019 ) Upgrade

The size of your video card's video memory may have been incorrectly determined by Wine. If this is the case, the executed mapedit behaves as if there were not enough video memory.

If you know the actual size, you can open the Wine registry editor with regedit. The video memory size is specified in the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Wine / Direct3D". Klick with the right mouse button on the entry "VideoMemorySize" and enter the new video memory size in megabytes. The editor must then be closed to accept the new settings.

For this to work, you must first know the actual size of the video memory in megabytes, of course. If you are not sure, you can determine it using the following command:

lspci -v -s `lspci | grep VGA | awk {'print $1'}` | egrep -o ", prefetchable\) [size=[[:digit:]]+" | egrep -o [[:digit:]]+

In addition, if a 32 or 64-bit version is running, are the entries for the working directory present and correct? [Maybe create a 32 bit wineprefix on a 64 bit system.]

From now on, the head is smoking or not?

I myself am not an expert either, even if that may look so, because of my post. I just had constant difficulties too with a windows program and could not ask anyone. If all this is too complicated, you could use "VirtualBox" from Oracle. Another alternative would be "VMware Workstation Player". Both are free, both work well.

Distributions of Linux where SPWW2 and SPMBT ran smoothly throughout Wine immediately, were at least for me:

Manjaro Linux [with the window manager KDE Plasma and also Xfce]

ROSA Desktop Fresh R11 [with the window managers Plasma 5 64-bit, LXQt 64-bit, XFCe 64-bit]

But that does not mean that Wine can not run well with 18.04. Just that I assume that not the program to be executed is a problem, but that Emulator Wine does not handle it for some reason, or in conjunction with the window manager of Ubuntu, or whatnot ...

Therefore, I believe that it makes more sense, if your problems persist, that you talk to the Wine Responsibles and understandably describe your concerns with Wine. Also describe them your hardware in detail. Will be good!