View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2004, 05:17 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Error 9 at playoffs info

By the way, according to my testers, the new patch (in the sticky at the top of this forum) solves the Error 9 problem at the end of the season/before the playoffs! Go ahead and install it to the CD installed Version with the 1.5 patch installed, and it should allow you to get through the playoffs and all (for those having that crash). If your game works fine, ignore this, of course.

Download here:

Coliseum temp fix patch (770 KB)

Proceed if you're more technically inclined only, otherwise skip to the bottom

It seem there were two culprits A) I included a Version of the Visual Basic "decoding" DLL that provides various services to VB programs so that they work with Windows, msvbvm60.dll, with the program install in the install folder. It was removed with this new patch, and that seems to have solved the problem. Maybe a Version conflict on some systems? Probably. Most systems have this file pretty much (about 98% or so, it's included on many major Windows Updates) anyway, so I think this won't be a problem.

And B) those having unexplained random "has encountered an error and must close" problems, my MP3 playing code was the culprit, I think. Odd since it worked fine on my system, and it uses only basic Windows Media playing functions. Guess i'm going to have to find more Windows internal-file-independant ways to play MP3's and the like. Does everyone want the music put back in, even at the expense of a bigger patch to download?

*sigh* I got a Playstation 2 for X-Mas, and I can honestly start to see why people prefer them sometimes!

Thanks for your patience all and have fun!