View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2018, 10:09 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Merkava invincible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post

As to Abrams crews being the best don’t think anyone can touch the airforce, no other country can afford the flight time.
Same should apply to tanks I suppose but Israel have outshot them, European tank games, admittedly take with a grain of salt but USA is consistently beaten. Germany and surprisingly Poland using 2A4s are top, runners. There does seem to be a possible trend in Europe, if you only have a few top line MBT’s you get trained well on using them, Austria, Netherlands if I remember were surprisingly good and the Swedes less surprisingly.

Hopefully we never find out who’s best and its irrelevant anyway when it comes to top line equipment and numbers there’s only really one major player don’t think Russia , China or India are in the same league.
You maybe referring to the Strong Europe Tank Challenge (SETC), a platoon vs platoon match held every year since 2016. Admittedly, US crews are beaten, but not by very much.

In armor doctrine, I think it is fair to say, the US marries the Bradley and the Abrams.

Kudos for the great points in your post.

SETC citation: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stro...Tank_Challenge