Thread: Infantry LMGs
View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2017, 01:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Infantry LMGs

I decided to get ahead of this a bit to save everyone ( me primarily ) time and effort in the long run

IF anyone does look though that CSV I have no doubt someone will find something to quibble about. I've been doing this too long to not know better.

One thing I just discovered today...because there is simply too much data to remember every last weapon....but it relates to the Bren as that was brought up right at the start.

In the game, the Bren LMG has an HEK of 5. In the game the L4A1 LMG has an HEK of 8. The "problem" is an L4A1 is simply a 7.62 Bren

oops....

I'm not going to take credit for that but I did miss it for 15 years.( and so did EVERYONE ELSE)

However, it does allow me to test two near identical weapons with 2 different HEK's that are seemingly significant in difference

All tests used target infantry with speed set to zero. All the shooters only had their Bren or L4A1 active. Visibility was 70 and the range was 450m

EDIT As well....both the shooters AND the targets had their Experience and morale set to 70 as that is an important factor the game uses to determine hits and morale status as well and most people do not ensure that those values are stabilized as it does affect combat resolution results....units with high experience hit their targets more often and targets with lower experience get hit more often so any test like this MUST use 70 for both values as that is the median.

TEST 1

Target 1 ( Bren ) 2 casualties status Pinned

Target 2 ( Bren ) 2 casualties status Pinned

Target 3 ( Bren ) 2 casualties status Pinned

--------------------------------------------------------------

Target 4 ( L4A1 ) 2 casualties status Pinned

Target 5 ( L4A1 ) 1 casualty status Pinned

Target 6 ( L4A1 ) 3 casualties status Routed

Battle report was 12

Test 2

Target 1 ( Bren ) 1 casualty status Pinned

Target 2 ( Bren ) 2 casualties status Pinned

Target 3 ( Bren ) 0 casualties status Pinned

Target 4 ( L4A1 ) 1 casualty status Pinned

Target 5 ( L4A1 ) 2 casualties status Pinned

Target 6 ( L4A1 ) 0 casualties status Pinned

Battle report was 6

Test 3

Target 1 ( Bren ) 1 casualty status Pinned

Target 2 ( Bren ) 1 casualty status Pinned

Target 3 ( Bren ) 2 casualties status Pinned

Target 4 ( L4A1 ) 1 casualty status Pinned

Target 5 ( L4A1 ) 3 casualties status Routed

Target 6 ( L4A1 ) 1 casualty status Pinned

Battle report was 9

a slight difference( really slight )...not 100's of hours work difference. There is more variation put in by the random number generator than the OOB stats and points out in this game in this scale of combat simulation... A LMG is a LMG is a LMG and LMG HEK or ACC values a point here or there are a mere grain of sand on the balance scale this game uses to produce combat results

Last edited by DRG; March 12th, 2017 at 08:44 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: