View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2004, 04:10 AM

Major General

Arryn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gem use question.

Quote:
Originally posted by Graeme Dice:
Except that it doesn't occur that way in my tests
Perhaps your tests weren't exhaustive enough. Stuff manages to slip past IW's own testing. No one's perfect.

Quote:
What may have happened in the cases where you saw the castle fall immediately is that your opponent brought along scouts or other stealthy unit with a gate cleaver or horn of bLasting.
As I posted before, if such was the case, the second castle would have fallen quickly too, yet it didn't. The unoccupied castle falling had nothing whatsoever to do with what was in the raiding force. Which was from Pythium IIRC.

Quote:
If you were playing against Vanheim or Tuatha, then you wouldn't have seen all of their troops anyways.
All fine and dandy except there was no Vanheim in that game, and Man was the base theme.

Why is it so hard to accept that there may be an intermittent bug? It wouldn't be the only one that this game has had. I could see people dismissing the idea out of hand if I was the only one reporting it, especially since I have no save games to prove it. But I'm not alone (thanks to Cainehill stepping forward).