Thread: Grognard Survey
View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grognard Survey

Quote:
Leslie said:
I have some background knowledge here that might clean up a couple of detail fragments.

It wasn't Military HQ (to be honest never heard of such a place by that name).

MGO or Military Gamer Online merged with Wargamer back 2-3 years now. MGO and Wargamer were both acquired by Matrix Games (which is basically David Heath).

MGO is now just a name from the past much like Avalon Hill is now just a name and not a place.

Wargamer is still a forum and web site, and is useful in many ways, but being "owned" by Matrix Games, naturally some just assume it's a sub section of Matrix Games. Their recently stated interest in a print magazine will no doubt be an interesting development.

Where Warfare HQ (now Armchair General and Strategyzoneonline)
http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/
differs from Wargamer, is it is not owned by a company that produces gaming software (to my knowledge). They truely are just a group of dedicated military enthusiasts (I am one of them).

I personally think they are more likely to be free of company based bias due to not owning any allegiance to one.

I happen to know your company is well thought of there as well (Annette's remarks are always enjoyed for starters )
I'm flattered, Les, thanks I think very highly of the folks at WarfareHQ and have enjoyed a warm welcome there. They are very supportive of Major Proctor and ProSim Company's games. I encourage anyone who hasn't been there to visit their new site. They've done a very nice job.