View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default VIRSS, SDs and Tank Smoke Rounds

Sorry did forum search (nothing) then DuckDuck and Google. All I got on this was something from The Blitz back in 2007 and some quotes (from Don or Andy?) concerning how VIRSS works in the game. Basically an AFV had to fire one VIRSS (or EW) shot for each incoming missile. The "smoke" graphic was simply an indication that the AI was doing the algorithm to determine success or failure for that particular missile, not for subsequent ones.

Yet recently, playing campaigns in 2018 my tanks have experienced apparent immunity against a second missile shot on the same turn, at least from the same attacking unit. Ditto for when my ATGMs try second shots against enemy armour that fired single VIRSS shots. Also sometimes when my tanks fire SDs or smoke rounds they have no LOS through it, as though it's opaque to TI.

So what's the latest on this? Has anything changed since 2007 or am I imagining things? Thanks.

[EDIT: Campaigns were as Israelis vs Russians, Syrians and Turks, then as Russians vs Ukrainians, British, US and Canada (didn't pick the Canucks as an opponent but they came up anyway).]

Last edited by jivemi; October 22nd, 2018 at 08:23 PM..