View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:28 AM

Corporal

Palle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Việt Nam Ðộc L*p Ðồng Minh Hội Struggle for Liberty!

On paper that is quite true Don and I am aware of the numbers, and I even understand and agree with the reasoning behind them.

But my statement was based on the observation that every single Regional Squad in the first game would rally and fight to the last even if routed for a round. I know that none of them ran away (as has Marines, Legionnaires and SS in other games), for I paradropped a Company behind them.

Maybe it is because I had only infantry facing them? They are slightly easier to face with a few tanks, mortars and m16s added.

I do believe though that the French Paras should have slightly higher Morale, in the decade spanning late Indochina and early Algeria, the French Paras were acclaimed as the elite of all the western world who time and again displayed a morale, endurance and courage very unlike the current depiction of the French.

And Don, I was not criticising or attacking you and the other designers. I was merely relating my experience from my first game of a campaign. Which is; the NV & VC does not run away ever.

Proud to be Danish!
The Following User Says Thank You to Palle For This Useful Post: