View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2003, 08:49 AM

Private

Nick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OPINION: Patch suggestions?

1:
How about indicators on the planet screen, like stock quotes and investment funds?

ie: make green clover child care symbol GCCC
and have GCCC +1, and any other changes reflected on a in a box somewhere on the planet screen (upper right hand corner looks good to me). This would save the effort of having to check its screen each turn to keep track of investments

2:
Make tollboth earnings more clear. I don't know if it never pays out or just poorly, but I could not even detect my tollbooth earnings one game when I owned one on every planet. Similarly, when one wins the freebies, winnings should be indicated clearly.

3:
Make loan rates and deposit payouts related. In one of my first games, I was able to take out a 100,000 loan out and then earn a higher percent in interest by depositing it in the savings account. This makes no sense.

4:
Allow partial inventory sales. Sometimes, I would like to sell of part of my inventory of one type of item to replace it with another. As it stands, I must sell all or nothing. This is very unflexible and unrealistic for a market. Perhaps, you could even account for the demand and supply curves by offering slightly different prices for different quantities sold (more units sold, lower price) and purchase prices (which should increase as quantity increases).

5:
The ability to save the current game without exiting (which is sometimes a nice thing to be able to do). And the ability to have more than 1 save slot.

and History graphs would also be very nice