View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2017, 04:58 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Opfire Filtering; plus other questions

1) You need a target selected - use the T key and cycle through what is available using N and P keys. Once desired target is selected, use W to list the weapons, and then 1..4 to select the single weapon slot.

Of course, nothing will happen if the firer has no ammo, or no shots left, or the selected weapon is out of range.

Or just do what I do - turn off any weapons I do not want to shoot and fire. Quite frankly - I dont think I have used the W key in 2-3 years since firing just one thing is something I rarely want to do. Turning one weapon off to save valuable ammo, I do regularly (e.g. turn off a Grant tank 75mm if firing the 37mm turret popgun at a scout car to save valuable 75mm AP, then turn it back on once the scout car is toasted. Who cares about the mgs - too much trouble to turn off and on).

2) You are the first person I have ever heard of trying to not fire something in opfire. If I dont want some element to fire in opfire I simply set range to 1 with the Y key. It will still return fire if the enemy engages it and its in range of course but wont fire voluntarily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: