View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2007, 09:23 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Default AH TL Jul43-46 Campaign KG Griffon

Excerpts From “In the Führer’s Service” Reichsfeldmarschall (RFM) PanzerBob 1955

..................July 1943 following General Westphal's DAK defeat in North Africa, the Allies turned their eye on Sicily. I was assigned to command a KG later to be known as Kampfgruppe Griffon. It was a Panzer Grenadier Bn reinforced with a Panzer Kp of 17xPanzer IV H's and a detachment of Tiger's, 10 in number, plus a HQ/AOP Gp, SPAT Gp, and 8x SPAA, as well as 3x Btty of 10.5's and a Btty of 17cm guns. The beaches on Cape Passero, specifically the 2 17cm bunker-ed guns overlooking the sea, was our assigned sector to defend. We were augmenting our Italian Allies and after inspecting the units neighbouring us, I was skeptical on whether the coming invasion could be held at the beaches.

.........................it appeared and was confirmed later we were holding the left flank of the attack and found ourselves up against the 1st Canadian Division. The bulk of the landing force headed towards the right side of our sector, without smoke, badly planned arty fire and air-strikes the our defence was made easy. Every gun that could be brought to bear spend an hour picking off landing craft. The few men who actually made it ashore with two Shermans were killed or captured. The Canadian Commander must have gotten word the Italian "held" beaches have offered little or no resistance and would be a less dangerous place to land, as he gave up trying our defences..............................

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cheese.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cheese.gif[/img] As the Campaign progresses more of the events leading up to this time-line (TL)in Alternate History (AH) will become apparent, there will be some similarities to my last time-line.[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cheese.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cheese.gif[/img]

Eternal War(gaming) PanzerBob

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe