View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2017, 12:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: Modder's Toolkit?

"Timing is everything" and you really picked the WRONG time to ask me this.....again

What you are asking me to do, among other things, is turn over control of my last remaining unused invisible turreted file to "modders" and reduce my "stock" of available hull only files by 33% leaving me with no empty invisible turreted files and only two hull only files and those files you want me to turn over could likely last the OFFICAL game until development ends permanently

Seriously ? Seriously !

I do have an overabundance of empty turreted Icon files and I had considered that if someday I feel like tackling this I might convert some to IT and H files...maybe. It's not like it's a five-minute job. The thing is......all of you asking for more room for your personal creations KNEW from the start you were using official game files for your work and the ONLY reason you even knew they existed if because *I* did the work of assembling a list. I didn't do that for modders..... I did that for the main game. A land use analogy would be that the squatters have buildt their homes now they want me to build a road and dig their wells . My main concern is the two official games and right now I have enough files to last me until we are fed up doing this any longer but maybe in a month or two I might "feel the love" and see what can be done but don't hold your breath...I'm not feeling it ATM

I will, however, reserve PM22000.lbm to PM22999.lbm for modder use in winSPMBT only....unless I forget but there's a good chance I won't ...maybe

Don

Last edited by DRG; March 5th, 2017 at 01:05 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: