View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2018, 06:23 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scenarios by Zovs66

Finished scn 532 - The Passing: Ukraine.

Decided to change things up a bit and made this into a small 2 scn campaign. Switched the out the Germans for Hungarians.

Armoured Group Imredy, Hungarian Army

HQ (LtCol Imredy)

Recon Platoon (two MC sections)

Heavy tank platoon (Pz IV section)

Medium Tank Company(-) (75mm Turans, 2 Platoons) (Capt Gabors)

Motorised Infantry Company(-) (Two platoons, mot transport only for Co HQ and one platoon) (Lt Gombos)

Anti-tank detachment (one captured T34, two StuG III, two 76mm AT-guns, two 57mm AT-guns, two trucks)

Motorised Engineer Detachment (Engineer platoon, inf-At section, HMG section, 4 trucks)

AA Detachment (2 88mm Guns – anti-tank role, 2 prime movers)

Turn 0

All troops deployed along the road, roughly where the original scenario's German force was deployed.
Recon plt in the lead followed by the Engineer platoon, heavy tank plt, Company Gabors, Anti-Tank Detachment and the reduced Company Gombos.

88mm AA Guns and one rifle platoon remains holding the two Hungarian VHs at games start.

Turn 1-2

Group moves forward, Eng Plt debus at the corssroads.

Turn 3

Turans near the crossroads take fire from T34s. Enemy mot inf also spotted.

Turn 4-7

Russian tanks advance on the crossroads. Hungarian gunnery not quite up to German standards. One StuG III is lost, one Turan damaged while three T34s and three trucks go up in smoke. Some well placed Soviet AT guns stop Hungarian movement south from the crossroads.

Turn 8-15

With smoke it was possible to blind the AT-guns and dash south to capture the majority of the VHs. I ignored the two VHs in the enemy rear, figuring it would not be enough time to get there without a sort of mad rush forward. The bulk of the Soviet tank force was destroyed in fighting around the crossroads. Hungarian forces took a few more infantry losses and another Turan damaged. At games end the Soviet AI player had one AT-gun and some infantry left in the fight. The remaining AT-gun was never discovered.

The original scenario force value for the German side was 1702 build points. I used 1750 build points for the Hungarian side – I guess their units are cheaper. The Hungarian weapons were not great at range and I think I would probably have doubled my losses if I had pushed on the two Soviet rear VHs when trading fire with the T34s at longer ranges.

Found no problems with the map or Soviet units.
The Following User Says Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post: