Thread: Sd.Kfz. 9
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2018, 08:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sd.Kfz. 9

I was just " doodling" over morning coffee one day and that's what resulted. I'm slowly building a Vimy Ridge map from Venola Contours so I was in a "WW1" frame of mind.

There's a story that the last known use of Mk Vs were former Estonian Composites dug in along the Pirita River by the Russians in August 1941 as stationary gun platforms. The problem is the game is not set up to handle sponson guns so even if I did add it to the files ( which I might "just for fun..." )...it would have to be a kludge as it;s neither turreted as the game understands turreted and it's not really an SP gun as the game understand SP guns so however it was put in would not be a satisfactory solution and we are not writing new code to make a single Icon that has no serious place in the game work. The "best" idea I've had for it would be as an invisible turret Icon but no matter how it's put in something ends up being at odds with reality

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 22nd, 2018 at 08:48 AM..