View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs. Germany - Near Vyazma

Turn 6

Charlie is seeing all sorts of action. Aside from tanks, infantry and rockets, two Stukas just came in. I don't think one will be coming back. My AA guns followed Bravo and Alpha up and deployed east of town. A light hit was put on one of the Stukas. The other managed to drop bombs on my two flank tanks, immobilizing one. The crew is rattled and may bail out. Three more enemy tanks put out of action. As expected, most of the enemy tanks north of the paved road headed south down the diagonal road. Most of the enemy tanks are closing in on the paved road intersection north of town. I've got them in something of a cross fire with tanks to their east and south and ATGs to their northeast. Time for those guns to open up. The enemy is supported by a platoon of infantry at the moment. I can't tell how many of the other tanks have infantry draped all over them. You would think I should be able to tell at 250m.

Enemy tanks in town trading shots with Bravo. There are seven of them, Mk IIIh and Mk IIIj varieties. One of my tanks was immobilized by enemy fire. Enemy infantry pushing up through the center of town and catching lots of small arms fire.

Alpha shot up some more enemy armor. Scratch another tank destroyer and two more tanks. The third tank destroyer was damaged and seems to have hauled tracks to Berlin. Infantry from Alpha also fired at enemy infantry. They were going up the center road, which is the boundry between Alpha and Bravo. It stands to reason the enemy is going to catch it from both groups.

The left flank guard could have problems. At least a platoon of upset enemy soldiers is heading their way. That artillery should be coming in next turn. Enemy artillery lifted, so my tracks are rushing back to try to keep the enemy out of the village.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: 2xPzKw 38b(t), 1xPzKw IIIh and 2xPzKw IIf tanks and 1xJPz I tank destroyer destroyed. Estimated 10 casualties.