And It Was Good! New Dominions 3: The Awakening Patch Released!
The Hit Fantasy Strategy Title Still Keeps Getting Better!
Hampstead, NC, 08 March 2010
Dominions 3: The Awakening was released in 2006. It is now 2010 and Illwinter Game Design is still providing the love by adding new features, enhancing gameplay, and correcting any bugs that occasionally show up. How can anyone not love independent gaming?
The latest patch brings the retail version of Dominions 3: The Awakening to version 3.24 and is available for all OS flavors the game supports: Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. The following is a list of what one can find in the 3.24 patch:
- Eliminated nations are now also shown in the graphs.
- Spell AI improved regarding when to cast Arrow Fend, Gift of Flight and Legions of Steel.
- Could get some kind of mine even though all site slots were full--fixed.
- New monster modding commands: #inquisitor, #shatteredsoul, #banefireshield, #uwdamage, #popkill.
- Some units like the vampire now actually takes damage from being underwater, just like they were supposed to.
- Description changed for Maggots to better correspond with its true effect.
- Djinn is now a unique monster.
- Increased maximum number of messages a player can send on a given turn.
- Fixed crash during turn generation.
- Support for PulseAudio on Linux.
- New resolutions! 1024*600 and 1024*576 (for netbooks).
- Dominions could crash when changing video preferences--fixed.
Don't have Dominions 3: The Awakening yet and feeling depressed that you don't have anyplace to install the 3.24 patch to? Turn that frown upside down by purchasing Dominions 3: The Awakening right after you finish reading this news release with its brand new download incarnation!
Dominions 3: The Awakening has long been available as strictly a physical product (with a really sweet manual written by noted author Bruce Geryk) but to help usher in our newly upgraded storefront, the Gamers Front, we have made the game available also as a download! So now have it your way, physical product shipped to your door or download it directly to your computer!
Dominions 3: The Awakening is the much beloved turn-based fantasy strategy game from Illwinter Game Design. Featuring hundreds of units, spells, magic items, scores of nations, multiplayer up to 21 players, easy modding, and much more the game has been both a favorite of critics and fans since its release. Whether its the official Sci Fi channel magazine, Lloyd Case's podcast, or Finnish newspapers everyone loves them some Dominions 3: The Awakening. And hey, it'll love you back. Isn't it time you experience Dominions 3: The Awakening for yourself?
Owners of Dominions 3: The Awakening can grab the patch by heading over to the official product page, located here:
And for those wanting to get their very own copy of the game check out our official store, the Gamers Front:
Stop by www.shrapnelgames.com
for all our latest news, demos, and to examine our complete lineup of award-winning independent games of distinction. Recent releases include War Plan Pacific, BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity, and Battle Group Commander: Episode One. Look for Star Legacy, the next word in sci-fi 4X strategy gaming, in 2011.
For press related information please contact Scott R. Krol by using the following form: http://www.shrapnelgames.com/forms/c...nel_games.html
To visit our company blog go to: forum.shrapnelgames.com/blog.php