More rules questions
Set up and tried the demo Last night with a friend. Things went pretty well, but he pretty much got his clock cleaned as the Americans. I like the way you've improved on the fire mechanics from PLATOON.
1. The demo rules say that the 1st number on the counter is the range and the 2nd the firepower for MMCs. On the support weapons,this is reversed. I'm guessing that you actually want it the other way on MMCs (we certainly played it that way).
2. As it stands, the rules appear to indicate that all units 'hide' at the end of the turn and must be spotted again. Is this the correct interpretation?
3. The sniper mechanics are the only thing I did not like. First of all, it's somewhat counterintuitive, involving a lot of math for little result. Second, I think snipers are a little too accurate, since they can never miss units in 0 or +1 terrain, and equally strangely, a target in a stone building can never be hit by a sniper. That's more than a little bizzare. I think you need to think about going back to an opposed roll for this.
4. It appears on the TEC that either the sample hex for high grass or the one for brush is marked wrong.
5. The event markers in the demo are not indicated as being either LOS or Entry. The example indicates that marker A is LOS, but not B&D.
6. The spotting rules appear to indicate that a unit can spot and then immediately fire at the spotted units if successful. Is this the correct interpretation?