.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 25th, 2019, 01:04 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Humlebaek Counterattack 1985

Ok, I poked around some.

The missing strike elements did not have AUX status, so no wonder they failed to show up.

Text errors were caused by me adding a skirmish scenario at the start and not updating the text files properly. At first I wanted to warp in a 1950s rifle company because one of my sources said the Danes had one company (the 6th) of the particulary unit portrayed in the campaign, equipped with WW2 era weapons. I thought it added variation, but did not like how it turned out. An error occured with the company structure of the Danish core that I couldn't get rid of, even after re-buying the entire Danish force. Decided to go KISS and bought standard 1980s companies and making the trouble scenario number 01 instead of 00 in the campagin...

For the final battle there is about a battalion's worth of infantry meant to go forward from the get go, while much of the other Polish forces were meant to stay put for quite some time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post:
Old August 25th, 2019, 01:13 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
At a guess you probably have them pathed to go around the south side of the lake BUT remember they use 3 plot points a turn even when they're off map. So by the time they enter as reinforcements their targeted plot point is probably across the lake and going across is faster then going around.
I wanted them to hit the upper Victory Hex and continue south. I assumed in most cases they would be obliterated by the player in a fight for that upper VH. They did not have targets to go for the 155mm battery.

When I played it the bulk of the Polish naval infantry managed to reach the VH where they were beaten back. At the end I noticed some of the units, inlcuding all the PT-76 tanks had skirted the fight around the VH and made it across the lake, but not far enough to make it to the 155s...
Old August 27th, 2019, 04:48 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road

Wulfir, are you going to upload the campaign with the fixes you made?

Steve
Old August 28th, 2019, 01:33 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves308 View Post
Wulfir, are you going to upload the campaign with the fixes you made?
Yep, you bet. Will take me a few days more though...
The Following User Says Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post:
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:06 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Humlebaek Counterattack 1985

I am pleased to report we're having a really good time putting a beat down on the enemy with three decisive victories.

Regarding the FREDENSBORG battle, I was only allotted 1 build point, although the briefing says 1000 would be available to bolster the force. Am I missing something?

Upon examing the map, the intel regarding LOENHOLT seems sketchy as there are no river crossings east of the village that I could exploit to run havoc in the rear of FREDENSBORG.

Old November 10th, 2019, 06:29 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
At a guess you probably have them pathed to go around the south side of the lake BUT remember they use 3 plot points a turn even when they're off map. So by the time they enter as reinforcements their targeted plot point is probably across the lake and going across is faster then going around.
I wanted them to hit the upper Victory Hex and continue south. I assumed in most cases they would be obliterated by the player in a fight for that upper VH. They did not have targets to go for the 155mm battery.

When I played it the bulk of the Polish naval infantry managed to reach the VH where they were beaten back. At the end I noticed some of the units, inlcuding all the PT-76 tanks had skirted the fight around the VH and made it across the lake, but not far enough to make it to the 155s...

I spotted at least, 2 TOPAS-2AP and 3 PT-76Bs at Naebbet with two 2 PT-76s landing in Noedebo at Hex (43,18). I loaded my engineers in two trucks heading north to Noedebo.

The engineers defeated a PT-76 and her section of infantry at Hex (40,69) preventing the enemy from engaging at Hex (70,65) or at Groenholt station (66,92).

I detached two Centurions from U0 company at Hex (70,65) to support the engineers in their new task to protect the 155s.

Several fights ensued resulting in destruction of the enemy at Noedebo.

They crossed the lake.

The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old November 21st, 2019, 04:09 PM

Captain

Humlebaek Counterattack, Kvistgaard

Although the Danish force is augmented with a platoon of Jaegers, an additional company of heavy infantry, and a flight of F-104Gs, the promised USMC MEU-Ground Element is non-existent. Given the language in the scen text, I expected the Marine battalion to arrive as a reinforcement.

The battle at Fredensborg was fierce costing heavy casualties to one infantry company in particular due to a devastating rocket barrage. As is common in Urban Operations Danish losses extended to her scouts and tanks. As a result, I suggest adding about 1200 support points to replenish her core.

Fredensborg Battle Report

Fredensborg Battle Results

Fredensborg Campaign Summary

Thanks wulfir!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle_Report (Fresdensborg).png
Views:	404
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	15865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle_Results (Fresdensborg).png
Views:	420
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	15866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Campaign_Summary (Fresdensborg).jpg
Views:	412
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	15867  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old November 26th, 2019, 12:58 PM

Captain

Updated version of campaign 020. Should include fixes for the problems mentioned in this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Humlebaek_campaign_edited.rar (926.1 KB, 317 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post:
Old November 27th, 2019, 02:06 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post
Updated version of campaign 020. Should include fixes for the problems mentioned in this thread.
I fired up the fix patch to discover that the KVISTGAARD battle scen text states the following: (1)You still have access to the 155mm guns, (2) A platoon worth of Jaegers, (3) one fresh HV Company has been pulled out of the line and redirected to beef up your force, and (4) Some tactical air is also en route. These units appear in the battle.

Now, although the scen text has the following language, "It is all we can do for now," the next paragraph reads that a battalion size force is being transported in your direction right now." I understood this to mean that the marines would appear in the battle as a reinforcement, similar to the F-104G's. If the marines are not to appear, this is a big tease.

The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old November 27th, 2019, 01:50 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post

If the marines are not to appear, this is a big tease.
I see your point. And the Marines show up for the final battle only...

I intended it as a hint that they will be arriving soon.

..... scen 004 KVISTGAARD takes place Aug 22, 1985 - morning

aaand scen 005 HUMLEBAEK takes place Aug 22, 1985 - afternoon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post: