.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 1st, 2006, 06:54 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Introduce yourself!! :-)

I just thought that it would be good to hear some more personal things about the people here. Dont be silly!

Ok let me start.
I am 17 years old living in Budapest, Hungary, Europe. I am living with my parents. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. [My sister is 15 years old, my brothers are 19 and 21. -> My brothers are also playing Doms 2.]
My height is 196 cm at the moment. [That is around 6'5]
Hopefully I will reach 2 meters.
I am a student in Budapest. This is my last year in school, I will start to work in my father's nightclub after the school is over.
My hobbies are sports [fighting sports like aikido, kickboxing and kempo. I am learning those for more then 4 years now]
I am very lucky, because I can train with excellent fighters, like world champion kickboxer Jozsef Tumbasz. Here is a little picture about him: Jozsef Tumbasz

I also like to play computer games [FPS, RTS, TBS and MMORPGs], however I have much less time now to play then before.
I am a Dominions fan since Doms: PPP.

Here is a picture about me:

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2700661vm.jpg

*Edit*

Corrected some typos and added some new informations.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
The Following User Says Thank You to DominionsFan For This Useful Post:
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:44 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tell us a little bit more about yourself.. :-)

17 yo old Finn
still living in Finland
A student in Hyvinkää, I go to a bussiness college
Many interests, history, recent happenings, mythology, sciences, art, computer games, programming and the list goes on...
I play most strategy games , RPGs and old SNES games
I guess that walking in the nearby forest counts as a hobby

All my pictures are horribly outdated at the moment.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:22 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tell us a little bit more about yourself.. :-)

I haven't seen one of these threads here before... I wonder if it will be moved to Shrapnel General or something.

Any way, I'm a male Finn, currently 18 years old. I live in the Eastern Finland, in an area that is mostly forest. I live 50 km from Kitee, and few hundred kilometers from the city of Joensuu that is named after me. I had my final exams this spring. I have known Illwinter for a long time, from since the whole company was Bogus. Bogus Game Design, that is. I never bought Conquest of Elysium 2, and couldn't order Dom:PPP, so I waited for a long time. I used to read awfully lot of fantasy literature, but haven't read any actual classic literature. For the last 3-4 years, I have started spending more and more time on my computer, and started a form of martial arts to keep fit. I would like to do or learn multitude of things, including pen&paper roleplaying, LARP, classical (sport) fencing, historical fencing, actually hit things with my sling, fight with a quarterstaff, draw, play an instrument (something simple like a recorder would do), do something serious with my computer, speak Latin etc. I know some Java, I can take a computer apart and can usually put it together, I don't listen to much music, drink, smoke or go out more than few times a week, and I've started dabbling in 3d-graphics via free Blender3d. I have completed ADOM once. Other keywords: Mount&Blade, Dominions, Planescape: Torment, Betrayal at Krondor, (Linley's) Dungeon Crawl, old games (X-COM, Ur-Quan Masters, original PoP, MoM, UltIV), (Disney's) The Gargoyles,

Finally, too many words about my final exams. Even if this will at least double the length of this message, I've been wanting to write this stuff for a long time, and it will probably fit this thread the best. The grades are I, A, C, M, E, L from latin words (improbatur, approbatur, cum laude... laudatur). I means failure, and L a near-perfect score that is usually calculated to be 5% of all the gymnasium-graduating Finns of the year. I got C from Finnish and Mathematics , M in Philosophy and Swedish, and an L from English. About these:

Finnish, C: I wrote two essays; one too short, the second so long I didn't properly finish it. Why do we have to re-write everything with pens and not pencils, again? I have done much better earlier, and especially my last essay before the final two was very good.
Mathematics, C: The maths I wrote was the kind of maths which has derivation, integral calculations, vectors in three-dimensional space etc. It is hard, so I'm happy with my C.
Philosophy, M: I belonged to the first group that could write philosophy on its own, and I didn't take it very seriously. I didn't get the points from the 'Define philosophy in few words and examine your definition' answer that was along the lines of 'Philosophy is maths - in closer examination, it isn't.' On the other hand, my longer definition and examination brought full points, and I got 7 points from the extra-hard 9-point question.
Swedish, M: I had hard time in Swedish for a long time, but I got much better in it during the last year. I was 4 points short of E, and that makes me very proud. Jag kan inte tala mycket svenska, men jag kan skriva de här orden och säga, att Illwinter är det bästa!
English, L: As far as the English goes... I wrote an English essay, re-read it, realized it was too far removed from the original title, and re-wrote it in a bit of a hurry. I got 97 points from the re-write. I'm that good, I'm very proud of it, and you are one of the reasons I am so good at English. Fun fact: I can't speak or pronounce English.
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:58 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Nice and long post Endoperez!
Oh and btw I dont think that this thread should be moved to an other forum, because I've made it for Doms 3. players.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

ioticus is on a distinguished road

37 year old pharmacist in Virginia. Been gaming since I was 11 years old. Started with Basic D&D blue book. Then progressed to Avalon Hill board wargames. Been selling my hundreds of games on eBay as I do all of my gaming on the computer now. Dominions 2 is my favorite computer game.
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:32 AM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

I'm 41, French, IS consultant in a large investment bank, 3 kids (3,5,8).

Rest of my story is mostly same than Ioticus except I started with AH games then went to AD&D !
Since then I quit boardgaming but have a boatload of computer games accumulated over last 15 years
I'm also an author for Cyberstratege french PC strategy games mag.
My all-time best game is Dom2 (with Combat Mission close second)
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:53 AM

Sergeant

PrinzMegaherz is on a distinguished road

I'm 24, completed an apprenticeship as a computer system developer and now I'm studying biology. I want to focus on bioinformatics, but there's some time left until I have to make that decission.

I actually like boardgames and tabletop games (Game of thrones and Confrontation are my favourites), love to read fantasy (A song of ice and fire series). My favourite RPG is the Fading Sun universe, it's amazing how they managed to create such a realistic vision of life in the year 4000.

I don't play Dominions anymore, but I think that will change with Dom 3
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:35 AM

Corporal

daesthai is on a distinguished road

I'm 35 and have worked the last 7 years with several game dev houses.

I'm a long-time gamer dating back to Pong, the Atari 2600 and original Basic D&D. I love all types of games - cardgames, boardgames, RPG, videogames - you name it.

I'm an avid reader - especially intrigue, mystery, and adventure. I also read a lot of fantasy, though that's tapered off the last 5 years or so. Though I am a huge Tolkien fan - not just the Trilogy, but his lesser known works as well, and biographies about him.

I've been married 11 years - no kids yet - but we have a cat and a dog that are very spoiled. =)
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Reminds me of A/S/L posts (age, sex, location) in AOL.
The were some posts like this in the Dom2 forum. OK I'm 50, male, retired military living in California, USA.
I get to play games all day.

Ive been on the net since before it was Internet. Ive worked at most jobs for Internet providors (customer service, sales, system admin, netcop). Now I run my own servers out of my house.

Most of my day is centered around my handicapped son. Other than that I get to work from home on internet jobs. Since I have a retirement check and full medical I dont HAVE to work so I can take jobs that interest me. Sysadmin work on servers, computer forensics (examining computers after a break-in), working with charities and organizations. And of course games.

I host various games things thru my servers. A MUD, an Ultima Online shard, and of course games like Dominions. Ive got a dozen web sites and about a 100 users. I provide the web hosting, email, ftp, etc. I hope I never have to go back to using the internet with limits.

Gandalf Parker
--
I used them, they used me
now I am an ISP.
With a knick-knack paddy-whack
debian linux clone
I am now my /root at /home
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:04 PM

Private

Varjostin is on a distinguished road

I'm 17 years old, male and live in Finland and more accurately in a puny city/town called Lahti. I go to the second grade of senior high school or gymnasium as it goes somewhat unaccurately translated

I read fantasy books, but since the school is the priority now I have left it for the summer vacation. (2 days more school left) I play tradiotional RPG's with and without a spesific rule system. Now I've found the "realistic" systems to be very cumbersome and use light or no system. Systems that I have used: GURPS, WOD, Praedor and some nicer freeware systems.

As for computer games I mostly play strategy games since I haven't found as much fullfilment in the computer RPG's than in the traditional ones. Some games: Dom: PPP, ADOM, Rome and Medieval Total War, SPWAW, Europa Universalis II, Fallout and Sid's Alpha Centauri.

I've LARPed (don't know the correct verb ) and been interested and have done things that closely relate to it for several years (archery, costume making, fencing etc.) But mostly I just participate games. It may seem as a very silly hobby but it's actually entertaining even on deeper levels.

I'm interested in history of all ages and especially in the era from the Renaissance to the Imperialism. But the most interesting matters to me are philosophy and social studies. I have very strong political opinions, which I don't want to go them through here to avoid quarrels. And I listen to classical/historical music.

I tried to avoid the picture of being self-centered, but I guess I botched.