.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Welcome, all new members!
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:06 PM

Private

Kupiko is on a distinguished road

Hi, i'm 24, born and raised in slovakia. Lived in Ireland for 3 years. My happiest memories are from that time. Currently i'm in Slovakia preparing myself for University. Yes that means if they accept me as student i'll finish studying at 29 yay.

Most of my life i've been gaming. Started with czech pen&paper games and magic the gathering, went through heaps and heaps of rpg,strategy,mmorpg games. And i have a group to play D&D4e at the moment. My favourite pen&paper so far. I'm quite new to dominions 3 and hope i'll manage to play with u all eventually.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Heimlich View Post
I´ve played quite an array of strategy-games in the past, be they turn-based or real-time, but always favored the former, so here I am, as a Fan of Master of Magic, and other such superb fantasy strategy gems.
Always love to hear other ppl love Master of Magic..It's just sooo sad there is no multiplayer for that
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Private

MaxHeadroom is on a distinguished road
Default Hello boyz

Hi! First thing, sorry for my bad english. I'm an italian fan of Dom3. This game is truly exciting and, at the same time, really really really difficult to understand. It have a lot of mechanics, rules, combos ecc...thousands and many more. I'm 25 y.o., student, painter, comic writer, artist. I search a good ol' boy to teach me how to play with Dom3, possibly via mail. Please contact me people, I thank you See ya!!!
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Welcome MaxHeadroom. (love the handle, looking forward to seeing your avatar image)

As to Master of Magic:
I dearly love the game and Ive tracked a number of efforts to recreate it. Unfortunately, they tended to get carried away with adding things. Multiplayer is a big killer. The game wasnt designed for that. I wish someone would just do a bug-free version that will run on new OS's, then expand (slowly) from that. I also track efforts based on King of Dragons Pass, Magic Realm (boardgame), Space Empires IV, and Stars!
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:04 AM

Private

Immali is on a distinguished road

Hi all.
I'm a male, 35 years old from Italy. I'm a medicine doctor, i'm married and have an almost 6 months old child.
I like sport, in particular the NBA and NFL.
I've recently found Dominions 3 and started playing...i find it a great game, really addictive. There's really strategy involved in this game!!! I'm playing singlepayer to learn the basics of the game, but soon i'll want to see how multiplayer is. The AI in sigleplayer is really good and, until i can't win agaist the AI i can't see how i can win against a human AI with knowledge of the game
I really like this forum i'm reading from a month now...so i decided to register and be a part of the action.
I'll probably have questions i cannot solve in the near future and i know this is the right place to come.
All the best,
Immali
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:38 AM

Private

Kaffa is on a distinguished road

Benvenuto ! ...welcome
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM

BANNED USER

Tonno is on a distinguished road

Hello...
I am new here,and I have found this forum on youtube...I am totally excited about this,as i can see there is still online playing of dominions...

Well to introduce my self...
I am Tomislav,from Zagreb,Croatia.17 years old still going to school for electrical engineer, technician for PCs...
I am interested mainly in PCs,history, sports and nature (biology)...

PS
I raly could use some help with this,so enyone who is here from the begining,can he help me...
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Welcome!

I suggest starting by reading the FAQ. The Strategy Index has lots of useful links as well and you can also ask on the forums if you don't find the answers on your own. The Dom3 DB linked in my sig and in the FAQ will allow you to see a lot of data about the units and other things in the game, but it might take a while to get comfortable with it.
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:43 AM

BANNED USER

Tonno is on a distinguished road

Ok...
I am redying some of the stuff,and I can see there is a lot of nice topics,but I did not found any of how to start playing online Dom3...
so pls can u help me...
Do I need some kind of patch to download,I have seen only the mods patches,and some things to do on DB v3.23,and do i need to download that also...
Old May 1st, 2010, 08:52 AM

You should download the 3.24 version patch for Dom3 and install that. Dom3 DB is a spreadsheet. Just follow the link in my sig for that.