.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

Manuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interesting

I have no problem if you want to say anything about me. But at the start you were struggling hard for expansion and I could attack you at anytime then, peace was good for you then.
Attacking Machaka on his back is of vultures. you have no other war so this war will be fair.
Old March 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Hey man, I just think it's crappy to sign a NAP then break your word. It's not a matter of attacking me at an inconvenient time, its a matter of going back on your word...what's the point of signing the treaty? Had I realized you were not a man of your word and I needed to defend my border with you I would have deployed my troops differently. You took advantage of the fact that I trusted what you promised - that I would have a few turns to prepare for an attack from you.
Old March 18th, 2007, 10:50 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Dedas is on a distinguished road

Isn't that an excellent reason to break a treaty? You kinda answered your own question there. =
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Deleted.
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:47 AM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road

Usually in most of these sorts of games I play you have to backstab someone at one at some point... though IMHO I would only risk it to completely clinch a victory or as a desperate move because you are about to be eliminated.

You have to take into account the other player might hold a grudge and retaliate unreasonably and your reputation will get soiled if you do it for anything other than to finish off the game.

Of course if Manuk goes on to win the game and avoids being "marked" in future games he probably made the right move... IMHO that is.
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:50 AM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:

Like Meglobob did in another game....

Hmmm... I suddenly feel a bit better about my choice of the nation I went to war with last turn.. hehe...
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Deleted.
Old March 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Sergeant

StrictlyRockers is on a distinguished road

Or you could just be a man about it and admit that the reason Atlantis, Agartha, et al, are carving up Ermor like an apple pie right now is because you played poorly.

There is no rule in the rule book against breaking a treaty. You got pwned, dude.

I'm not saying that what you say above isn't true. It mostly is. But a master wargamer does not whine about his fate, even when he gets back-stabbed. There is certainly no need for you to become the neighborhood finger-ponter/tattle-teller about it. Reputations will become known over time whether or not you put in extra effort.

Take it as a sign of respect, Frank. They do you like that because they know they have to. Chalk it up in the loss column and move on.

We all play by the same rule book. It's all there in black and white. Drawing attention to one's losses is not necessarily the most glorious method of promoting one's reputation.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Baalz The Everburning has called for a cleansing against the oathbreakers. They shall be eliminated down to the last squalling child, their towns razed, their fields salted,and their libraries burned. There shall be naught but waste where once a nation stood. We offer the following to all we are currently engaged in hostilities with - a one sided three turn non aggression agreement. We will not move on anyone else's territories until at least three turns after the oathbreakers have been eliminated so long as our borders are respected. This is a one time offer to those we currently war with, and the only thing necessary to secure it is to not attack us for as many turns as you wish to maintain it. Take this opportunity to build up your armies, or war on other fronts, or ignore it and continue to attack the nation of Abyssia.

Furthermore, for any and all who loath oathbreakers as I do, or to those who have a mercenary's heart I proclaim that I will pay well for any offensive rituals that are rained down on the people of two faces. Our nation is rich in magic gems and forging abilities, and we will make it worth the while of any who will aid us in rebuking those who have no honor. Let the worms yearn for the cooler fires of the hell their souls will soon be cast into.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Velusion said:
Quote:
FrankTrollman said:

Like Meglobob did in another game....

Hmmm... I suddenly feel a bit better about my choice of the nation I went to war with last turn.. hehe...
Anyone actually interested in the truth read the middle-way thread. Franks just a bad loser, I did NOT BREAK ANY PACT with him. Frank hates losing, no doubt he will spit his dummy out again at some future point when he is losing again or someone gets the better of him. He has already done it in several MP game threads.

I think its better if you simply accuse the nation of being a backstabber NOT a player. Otherwise you risk the thread being closed by forum moderators should it get out of hand. Remember people this is a GAME, not an excuse for personal attacks on people.