winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy
Notices

Closed Thread

Old March 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Customer relations

Thanks, I've started to post some stuff there.
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road

Forgot to also add a wishlist thread, that has now been rectified.

We did hear from Aaron and he'll be watching the threads.
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:51 PM

BANNED USER

Mike_T is on a distinguished road

looks like the Shrapnel bosses are letting poor old SRK take all the flak.
I'm absolutely gobsmacked - still no progress report or apology from Shrapnel or Malfador, still selling the game to punters as if nothing is wrong. What the **** is going on?

Imagine a book publisher launching a book without checking that all the pages are there or that the book makes sense! Why should a games publisher take the word of the designer that the game is complete and works properly? The publisher is responsible to the public for the product - he should make sure it's what it's meant to be. Does the Trade Descriptions Act apply to PC games? Why are some gamers so tolerant of sub-standard products? Why aren't buyers more angry about being misled? What other industry would get away with this behaviour?
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road

Mike_T,

I think it's a bit harsh for you to call for our heads on a platter. You say the game is "flawed", and I guess I'm assuming this means bugged. In response to your opening this thread and the subsequent concerns raised here, Aaron asked us to sticky a thread specifically for reporting bugs and another for creating a feature wishlist. Please help us out by reporting the bugs you've found.in those threads. We can't address your issues until we know what they are. If you've reported them elsewhere and been overlooked, please point me in the right direction.

I hear you saying that we (Shrapnel) are not as as active on these forums as you would like. We hope you'll understand that the lack of forum posts does not mean that reported issues, whether in the bug thread or through our online customer support, aren't being addressed. If you want a direct response from us, the best way to reach us is through the helpdesk at customer support. You probably won't see Aaron post here very often either. I think he's posted on these forums less than 100 times in 11 years, but his track record proves that he does read and take into consideration bug reports.

We appreciate your concern for the game; please give us some detail.

Annette
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:46 AM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

Annette,.... Isnt it the developers job to find and fix the bugs in the game he sold? As paying customers we should be playing the game we payed for,.....not trying to convince the developer that it needs fixed,....and not beta testing those fixes. Even so,......we have reported all the bugs and problems with the game and we have made several suggestions to make it better............the developer should have already made his lists from those posts,..................unless he has never read those posts,.....which you claim he has so he should already have those lists...............

Regardless though,.......all the problems have been reported,.....thats not the problem. The problem is that the person who is supposed to be fixing them,....isnt communicating that he is fixing anything,......and probably worse of all hasnt even bothered to apologize for unloading this obviously unfinished game on us,....because there is NO WAY anybody could have thought it was ready for release.
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:29 AM

Sergeant

Yeah, we are simply waiting for the problems to be fixed since the last patch in December, 2010. We have pointed out all the problems, here in the forum and by E-Mails to Aaron, to the customer support etc. The problem is, we simply don't get any hints that the game is fixed, there's no reports about possible progress. But Shrapnel advertises the game as if nothing were wrong with it. Just play it yourself and you'll notice that it's not really finished, has abysmal AI, TCP/IP LAN doesn't work etc. (and various other bugs, imbalanced etc.) I think it's the worst game in Shrapnel's program at the moment, and they sell it like it's completely flawless.
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:33 AM

Sergeant

You simply must realize it could be potentially harmful for your company to sell a game in this state. If you want your Shrapnel to be known for high quality, simply lower the price, point at the errors on the product page, etc. All the reviewers who gave this game good reviews simply haven't played it enough to realize its errors, I think.
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:36 AM

Sergeant

See, I'm terribly disappointed at this game since I have payed the full price of 29,95 $ and I simply expect more quality for that price. Malfador simply NEEDS to get the updates on!
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:38 AM

Sergeant

It's not simply bugs, the game isn't fun anymore after a few games in Single Player, because there's no real challenge involved, and there's not enough variability. You can easily defeat the AI in each game. I never lost a single game since it doesn't really put up a fight.
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:45 AM

Sergeant

Why don't you people at Shrapnel just ask Aaron what he's doing at the moment, whether he's aware of the bugs and errors we have pointed out, and when we can roughly expect the next patch? Then he doesn't have to post himself in the forums. Just give us some REAL information!
Closed Thread