.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 13th, 2013, 05:03 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: campaign scenario setup help

Yeaht hat is how we did it the first time.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:46 AM

Sergeant

valo2000 is on a distinguished road

ok i will save at every end turn then i will look into that user made campaing option. Things really spiraled out of hand in the current battle interesting developments all over the map nice!
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo2000 View Post
ok i will save at every end turn then i will look into that user made campaing option.
It is only when playing a user made campaign you need to really worry about saving the game.

Maybe it's better to continue what you are doing with this campaign - but if you want to add reinforcement units and the option for the player to deploy/redeploy forces you can set it up as a user made campaign.
Old October 14th, 2013, 07:54 AM

Sergeant

The reeinforcments actually work. its only that they can be attacked before they officially arrive. so as long as they are in a save location no problem.

The setup thing could be solved somehow but is it be possible to use my savegame from the long campaign and continue in a user made campaign?

Otherwise Ts4ever could send me the map with already deployed auxillieries i do the deployment for the core and then he deploys the ai units and sends it back to me. that would be complicated but doable.

Anyway thanks again Ts4ever! If you would like to play a campaign yourself feel free to send me the files so i do some setup. Or anyone else who wants to play like that.
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo2000 View Post
The setup thing could be solved somehow but is it be possible to use my savegame from the long campaign and continue in a user made campaign?
I think so - but I'm not a 100% sure.

Make the save into a scenario (like you are doing now).
Add the scenario to an empty campaign slot.
Set the core option to FIXED.

You, as the player, would have to manually enter the flow of the campaign (what result leads to the next battle, decide when to switch from one front to the next etc) as well as setting the refitting and aux points. As it is now the game does that for you.

Since you seem to be happy with how things work I don't really see much advantage in switching to a user campaign.

But - if you want you could string together Ts4EVER's modified saves (scenarios), maybe add some text briefings and you'll have a user campaign right there.
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:31 AM

First Lieutenant

Yes, when I send back the next file, mount it as a first scenario in a fixed core campaign instead.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM

Sergeant

will i still be able to attach new units over the course of the campaign? i guess so right? The french sure have a lot of abadoned transports i will also aquire some 105mm guns and lorraine carriers hehe maybe even a flak gun and 2 soumas they abadoned.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:24 PM

First Lieutenant

Yes you can still change the core force.
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM

Sergeant

Oberstleutnant Hauser looked at Town in front of him. All seemed reasonably quite but beeing of the cautios type he ordered his men to get of the bycicles and spread out. They were closing in onto a bridge over the polendamm channel and he was sure there would be some kind of defense around the bridges.
Taking the bridge would allow an attack on Turnhout and from there the way to Antwerp was best developed. If the Bridge would be to heavily defended or destroyed there was also the way around staying north of the Polendamm but that would cost them time.
Better to loose time then men Hauser thought and so he decided to probe both roads.
He sent the Slovaks south round the town through the cornfields in order to get eyes on the bridges.
The 2nd Kompanie would go north of the town securing the area west of it and then either going north or supporting the Slovaks on the bridge. This time he decided to stay with his 2nd Kompanie since their job seemed more complicated.
As they split up to go north and south they already started to receive fire form the town. They couldn’t see if it were French British or Belgian troops but the fire was accurate enough and the enemy didn’t run from the first few shots that was sure. Of course the 2nd Kompanie got the most of it with the always lucky Slovaks meeting little to no resistance on their way to the railway station in the southwest of town.
As they advanced through the fields north of town 2nd Kompanie continually received fire from the edge of town. Also an intense bombardment started almost as in preparation of a counter attack. It looked like they were in for their first meeting with the french. This suspicion was verified by the Slovaks that identified a Panhard armored car in the Town as well as at least one Enemy Tank moving fast towards town but still on the other side of the river.
Leutnant Kovac was getting a bit nervous as he saw how the number of vehicles approaching the bridge grew bigger and bigger. First there were tanks at least 5 of them followed by at least a company of infantry. He told his radio operator to inform HQ and continued on his way to the bridge. Just as the tanks had crossed the bridge he saw airplanes diving in on the column of transports behind them. Their bombs destroyed at least 4 of the trucks blocking the road for the rest of them. In front of them a platoon of tanks advanced over the bridge. The tanks caught the Slovaks in the middle of their advance and they had to jump on the side of the road to hide. The French tanks drove right through their positions into the lead vehicles of a light panzer platoon. An intense short range fight developed with the Slovaks adding their hand grenades and satchel charges to the fire of the panzers 2cm guns. They threw everything they had and it scared the French tankers enough. After a few minutes of heavy fighting two tanks were burning on the dirt road south of the now heavily contested town.
The other three were still on the road after they saw what had happened to their platoon leader and with the Luftwaffe overhead the French didn’t know what to do. It looked like the way into town was cut off. Something in these fields was blowing up their tanks.
The Slovaks were delighted by French inaction had the platoon attacked all together they would have easily destroyed the german panzer 2s and halftracks. Their guns didn’t do much against the French armor. The Slovaks tried now to attack the French tanks but their success had made them careless. One panzer 2 and 2 slovak engineers were lost on a head on assault. The rest of the units decided to try and flank the French to get some side shots. While the French couldn’t decide wether to retreat or attack the they had finished their maneuver and attacked from all sides at the same time.
In the town a company of Panzergrenadiers had arrived smashing into the French position on a broad front. While losses were suffered the French lines were rapidly pushed back and it should only be a matter of time until the whole city would be taken.
Meanwhile Leutnant Kovac had reached the Bridge where he watched the Luftwaffe taking apart the French motorized column as he and his men added their part firing on the first French infantry who tried crossing the bridge. One Stuka dropped a bomb on the vehicles on the bridge damaging it badly. Still it could be crossed by infantry but vehicles would have a hard time from now on. After some time the panzer 2s arrived adding their firepower and ending all ambitions of the french to cross the bridge. Now it was time for Horvath to try and cross carefully he advanced using the debris on the damaged bridge as cover never before in the war had they seen such intense action. At least the worst might be over now he hoped.
In the north Schwarz had it easier this time as he had learned to avoid frontal attacks. His Platoon was held in reserve under the direct command of HQ so he now only commanded the 12 men of his section. They had bypassed the town as the Panzergrenadiers had arrived to take care of buisness. Schwarz happily avoided taking part in the city fighting. On the road north no enemy was in sight they might have it easy this time he thought as he saw French tanks rapidly closing in. They had no other choice but to run for cover in the houses along the road while the French drove by in high speed probably trying to help their comrades in the city to the south. In the town they were already expected with grenade bundles and AT-guns and after a short time all that was left of the attack were 5 burning wrecks and a few captured crewmen.
Behind them came a company of infantry separated from the tanks and without artillery they quickly surrendered to the panzers as they saw that 2nd kompanie already had captured the village where their transports was stationed and cut of any route for retreat and captured their commander. In the west the Slovaks had crossed the bridge finding the remnants of two destroyed artillery batteries and a whole lot of destroyed trucks and abandoned troop carriers. It was a complete disaster for the French.
Since the loot was so immense the Slovaks decided to try and crew one of the abandoned Souma tanks. The decimated engineer squad provided the crewing while the rest of the men split up into the other platoons. Oberleutnant Schwarz’ platoon was also disbanded and used to crew some of the captured guns as well for bringing back to full strength the other units. Schwarz saw himself in command of puny a 12 men platoon.
Hauser let his men rest for the rest of the day. The next day they continued along the road to Antwerp. The birds were singing s they drove through the countryside enjoying another sunny day in may. In the blue sky they a fieseler storch recon plane appeared it turned around passing for an overfly shaking its wings as if it wanted to signal something. Looking back onto the Horizon Leutnant Kovac saw a dustcloud as if a large armoured column was approaching what could it mean? he ordered his men to stop.
Old October 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM

First Lieutenant

Did you forget to add the savegame?