Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Terrorists

Terrorist are very bad people.
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:48 PM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Terrorists

Not that I completely disagree with you or anything, but Atrocities, you lock the other thread in the SE4 forum, then turn this place into your own personal soapbox? I'm a bit perplexed...
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I locked the other thread because it was getting out of control so I locked it to give them a cool down period. Good thing too. Secondly, and most importantly, the discussion in that thread had absolutly nothing to do with the topic of this thread or the comments I posted here. So please don't condem me based upon half cocked information.

Additionally, if by sandbox you mean that I should not condem the terrorist, or say mean things about them, well then, I feel you are in error. There is nothing wrong in venting so long as it is kept dignified and clean which I have done. Additionally, I chose to vent, just a skosh, in an off topic forum where such ventings should take place so that no one reads them. I did include a disclaimer and I would hope that any terrorist reading this forum will try and understand that.
Old July 8th, 2005, 02:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

No by sandbox he meant make a new thread here after just closing one with practically the same tones...
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:22 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you don't want to play in my sandbox, then take your bucket and go play somewhere else.
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:04 PM

Corporal

Leslie is on a distinguished road

You have to be willing to be an example if your example is worthy to follow Atrocities

What's good for us has to apply to you.
Old July 9th, 2005, 02:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The thread that was locked had nothing to do with this thread at all. The fact that I need to point this out only goes to prove that people need to read before they jump on the band wagon!
Old July 9th, 2005, 02:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Imperator Fyron said:
No by sandbox he meant make a new thread here after just closing one with practically the same tones...
I did not participate in the discussion of the locked thread, nor did that discussion have anything to do with this thread. There is no conspiracy here boys. If you want to draw a connection between two completely and utterly unconnected posts because they might share some remote and purely inocent connection, ie the word Terrorist, well then what can I do but laugh.

The thread that was locked was locked to give the participants a chance to cool off. I should note that I have received PM's from both indicating that they appreciated it. Secondly they were discussing the Terrorist attacks in London, I in no way mentioned that. I only stated that our leaders need to stop pussy footing around and call terrorists "pig blood drinking psycopaths." Now that statement can be allied to all terrorists, not just one terrorist act.
Old July 9th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Corporal

Leslie is on a distinguished road

Regarding Terrorists.

Has anyone ever seen anyone ever offer even the most unlikely way of actually dealing with them in a way that actually might work?

The US calls it a "war on terror" but frankly the term is idotic at best. A war is one nation fighting another nation as far as I am concerned. Any other usage of the expression is really stupid.

The US has a few names, nothing else. No location, no identifiable target.
The US is the only target in this "war".
And they will never win so long as they plan to fight it like there is actually anything tangible to fight in the old style way of thinking.

I wonder, I really wonder, how long would Bin Ladden remain safely hidden, if the US put a 1 billion dollar price on his head. 1 billion in US dollars. Dead or live, his corpse delivered to a marine guard at any US embassy location.

I don't know about you, but 1 billion, that's way beyond what I think any human could resist. A handful of virgins when I am dead (assuming my teachings are correct) or so much money I can buy all the virgins I can possibly ever enjoy in this life. I wonder, could any terrorist pass that up.

The US will spend several billions of dollars in the coming months, and they likely will still have no Bin Laden. And they won't have the billions eventually as well.
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Yeah "war on terrorism" is like the "war on drugs" or the "war on poverty". More of a soundbite for the media than a real war. Nothing ever stops anything. But if we gave in to that pessimism then there would be no laws, no fences, no locks on doors, no immunization shots, no copy protecton, etc etc.

To think you are going to stop anything, by any means, is automatically a way to get depressed by failures. The reality is "as hard as possible, for as many as possible, for as long as possible". But thats just a mouthful. I think the efforts to do that have improved 900% in the last few years.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)