.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 21st, 2007, 04:51 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road
Default A newbe needs some help

I'm not new to Dominions, but I've never participated in a multiplayer game. I'd like to try my hand, but need some info about how to get started. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:45 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A newbe needs some help

Hi Aethyr,

Generally what you have to do is check this forum every day or so until a new game starts up, then post to say you'd like to play. New games are a bit like buses though - sometimes there can be a drought of a week or two when none start, and other times a whole load will start at once.

I've been running quite a few games for newish players. I've just opened one called "Chupacabra", which will be an EA game with around 8 players. Would you like to play? I'll pencil you in. Let me know what nation you want as well if you want to play (check which ones have already been taken in the game thread).

As a general note to all players new to MP, if you would like to play in a game, send me a PM and I'll probably be happy to set up a new game, or at least put you down on a list for the next one.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Filling in for a player that has to drop out (or is giving up early) can be a good way to start. If you lose then you have the built-in excuse that you werent playing with a god/scales/nation of your choice. And if you do well then you can really brag.

You can also check sites that tend to always have small fast games available such as
http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/blitz_chk.cgi

There is a post "stickied" to the top of this forum which lists the Dom3 servers
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:08 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

Gandalf, thanks for the suggestion. I've jumped right in and joined a new game just startng up, so I'll have no excuses. Wish me luck...