.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 19th, 2009, 01:06 PM

First Lieutenant

Illuminated One is on a distinguished road
Default Re: List of games currently seeking players (Making a new game? Need Subs? Post Here!

Llamaserver updates every 5 minutes.
Open spot means that pretenders can be sent in, but usually the game is organized and those spots reserved before it's opened on llamaserver (can take a while for everyone to send in their pretenders, though, different time zones etc).

Just look for a thread here that's new or says looking for players to reserve a spot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Illuminated One For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:37 PM

Corporal

mighty_scoop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: List of games currently seeking players (Making a new game? Need Subs? Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBits View Post
Thanks mighty_scoop. So if I understand correctly, all LlamaServer games also get posted here in this forum? [...]
The other way around ... first step to open a game is to make a thread here in this forum ...
after the game is full the game admin (mostly the one who started the thread) creates the game on llamaserver ... after that the player who posted in the thread that they want to play send in their pretenders.
To summarize ... on the forum you start and find games. On the llamaserver you play games and get infos about running games.

Quote:
[...]
I guess that's what I couldn't figure out. How accurate/up-to-date is the LlamaServer information? Right now, it's showing that Art_of_War is still open (14 out of 16 nations)? Is that accurate ("Last updated at 16:45 GMT on Tuesday May 19th")? Where should I be looking for the most current information?[...]
Still open in this case means, that 2 of the 16 participants didn't yet send their pretenders ... not that they are still searching for players (that's as mentioned above part of the forum).

Quote:
[...]
And if I see a game I'm interested in, what's the first thing I should do to reserve a slot? Sorry if these questions seem super-noob, but I've never played MP outside of my small circle of friends (but I'd like to expand on that), and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any more help!
If you want to play in a game, don't look at the llamaserver ... search this forum for games still searching for players (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41304 this thread is helpful) ... or ... perhaps the best way ... just start one by yourself ( take a look at this thread http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=39877)

greetings
The Following User Says Thank You to mighty_scoop For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road

Ah, I get it now, I hope. Thanks you guys! So if I understand you both correctly, any game that is on LlamaServer will be posted here for potential membership first (so post your intention to join here).

I only need to go to LlamaServer after I've found and announced my intention to join a game here (and have created a pretender), unless I want to start a new game of my own, that is?
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

That sounds correct. The forums are used to collect players and organize the games. The servers are then used to execute the games that have been organized. Each stands apart but are used in concert with each other to make gaming with strangers possible.

Art_of_War may appear open on the server, but those open positions have been reserved by players here at the forum. If you blankly submitted a pretender to that game you would be edging out a player who was promised a spot in that game. It would then only be a matter of time before the player spoke up and had you kicked from the game.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
The Following User Says Thank You to AreaOfEffect For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Bananadine is on a distinguished road

A substitute is needed for the game Mistletoe: LA Pangaea, decent position, long-ish turns.

The nation is neither winning nor losing. It possesses Ermor's capital, and has never lost significant territory. It is presently fighting nobody as far as I can tell. The position would be permanent.
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:30 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

A new game is forming: Bid

Thread: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43218.

As there is significant setup work, I will be setting up the game, but not playing in it.

Have you ever wished to play a game where you've always wanted to get a triple 9 blessing in - but didn't quite have the points?

Have you ever wanted to start with more than one territory?

Have you ever wanted to play a race - but someone always beats you to it? If so, *Bid* is for you. Because every single starting position, every EA race, is up for bid!

So, come on by the thread, and take a look at the game.

See ya there!
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:34 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

This is it. The final game in the wildly popular Noobs vs. Vets series is now recruiting players. Don't miss out on what promises to be the biggest event of the summer. Come experience the magic, the mystery, the sheer ecstasy of a Noobs vs. Vets game.

Link: Noobs vs. Vets III

Come join the revolution!

Last edited by Septimius Severus; May 29th, 2009 at 03:46 AM..
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:41 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

Preponderance 2 is still looking for few more people. It's a team game with no diplomacy and randomly assigned teams. You can either join alone and find a teammate in the thread, or join with a friend as a team.

LA Agartha guide
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:19 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Perhaps it is time to unsticky this thread and create a new one. It seems to have been quite a while since the first post was updated and I'm not certain the thread is serving its purpose at the moment.
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

Starshine_Monarch is on a distinguished road

Sub wanted for LA Midgard in Ruby. It's still early in the game at turn 16, so you'll have plenty of time to make your mark on the world! Please PM me or Hadrian_II if you'd like to have a go.