.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

Old March 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM

Private

Sencha is on a distinguished road
Default Should I buy WW and SAIS?

Hello, I've never played these games before but I'm highly interested in them. I'm thinking about getting Weird Worlds, but was wondering if it would also be worth picking up SAIS. If WW was better than I would probably just get that. But are there any reasons that someone should own both? Other than the fact that they're both good?
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:58 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Should I buy WW and SAIS?

Good question. I was wondering that myself. (I just got WW, and have been quite happy with it.)

PvK
Old March 11th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Corporal

Jamiri is on a distinguished road

Modding is much easier to get into in SAIS (but also more limited). There are, in fact, more mods for SAIS out there than for WW.

WW is much more polished and more detailed. If you still want SAIS, I think you could get it a bit cheaper on one of those compilation CDs that Digital Eel offers.
Old March 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Corporal

Phlagm is on a distinguished road

My only real gripe about modding WW is that while there is more control in modding than in SAIS, most of the control will only allow you to do pretty much exactly what has already been done. For other mods, thats okay. They can do the Klakar but with another race and make it seem different, but for me, its difficult. More than anything I wish I had: a way to tell ships to travel to specific planets (even if it was just via setting up a tag on a planet at generation and then sending a fleet there later), a COND to look for an item installed, a way to select a specific ship to launch weapon devices, and finally a way to activate a quest if you return to a previously explored area. The best you can do is unexplore a region, but even that has problems. Once the mac mod is up, I hope fingers will have time and resources to add more modability to the game.