.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Eat Electric Death!

Old May 8th, 2009, 01:36 AM

Private

rithmomachy is on a distinguished road
Talking Happy Aniversary!

It's now been exactly a year and a half since it Shrapnel lied to us about the game being at the printers. The announcement can still be found on the News page (see the menu to the left) and in this lie from our very own Annette in this very forum.

It's also been exactly six months since the announcement that Shrapnel was accepting bids from printers and would release a timeline for the game "soon."

In honor of this momentous occasion, I'd like to invite you all to take advantage of a very special offer. I'm making some stunning t-shirts to commemorate this day. To receive one of these beautiful shirts, everyone reading this should send me $25, and I promise I'll send you the shirt, um, just as soon as it gets back from the printer. Should be . . . real soon. I promise. Just go ahead and send the money now.
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:35 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happy Aniversary!

rithmomachy,

We make plans and announcements in good faith. Sometimes we elect to change those plans; sometimes we are forced to change plans due to situations beyond our control. Our country is in a very serious economic crisis. There are companies, including game publishers, making layoffs, cut-backs or closing altogether on a daily basis. There are hiring freezes, pay freezes and pay-cuts happening all around us. Experience tells us this is not an opportune time to put a game with the potential of this one into the market. You may have noticed that we are a small company. We believe these forums should be a place where players and developers may chat with one another, so we don't usually post here very actively - usually only when something in particular is brought to our attention. So, we are guilty of not coming here on a regular basis to post news and updates. We use different parts of our site to communicate with our customers.

I can't imagine anyone is more frustrated by the delays nor more anxious to see this game in the market than we are. We are very excited about the game and it's potential. We understand you are disappointed by the serious delay. However, we've done everything we can under the current situation to make things right with you. We have apologized to you personally both on these forums and through our direct contact at our customer support center. We mailed a company check to refund your purchase within one week of your request. You have purchased other games from us which you have said here you enjoy.

Of the games we have announced and which went into pre-order status, 87% were released either on the original projected release date or within a few weeks of the projected date. Five percent were cancelled and all customers who pre-ordered were promptly notified and given refunds. An unfortunate 8% have suffered considerable delays, but are still planned for release. And as you are aware, any customer who pre-ordered one of these games will receive a refund if they like. It's certainly not a perfect record, but I think your repeated portrayal of us as evil liars is unfair.

Annette

Last edited by Annette; May 8th, 2009 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: typo
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM

Private

TriOpticon is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Happy Aniversary!

So is EED waiting for more pre-orders (such as other companies do before publishing) or is it just ON HOLD indefinitely?

Thanks.
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Private

rithmomachy is on a distinguished road

And I've complimented you when you've done things right. I have liked the other games I've bought. But the lack of other updates IS still frustrating. If they've been posted elsewhere, I apologize, but I haven't seen them. The game page still promises a timeline "soon." And frankly, there comes a point when accepting money for a product that isn't coming out is just wrong, even if you are willing to refund it. If you don't even have plans to release the game in the foreseeable future, continuing to accept pre-orders, which it appears you are doing, is wrong.

And frankly, the part about the game being sold as "at the printers" was never really explained to me.

But now that I know that the game is on indefinite hold, I'll go away. That's all I wanted - a real, plausible date, or an acknowledgment that it is no longer in active development. Didn't seem too much to ask, and now I have it, so I'm satisfied.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:09 AM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So is EED waiting for more pre-orders (such as other companies do before publishing) or is it just ON HOLD indefinitely?
Neiher really. We aren't waiting for more pre-orders and the hold is not indefinite. In fact, we are expecting to print this summer, but are waiting until we see sales picking up -- a more positive outlook from gamers and frankly wholesalers who are telling us not to release now.

Quote:
It's now been exactly a year and a half since it Shrapnel lied to us about the game being at the printers
The game was at the printers we just pulled it back.

Quote:
an acknowledgment that it is no longer in active development
It is in active development. Marketing (including box cover and internal pieces) is still being reworked. The rest of the game is complete. We are also reevaluating the price point, as everything is more expensive.

Look for more news in June.
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Sergeant

Wydraz is on a distinguished road

OK, it's June... er, September.

I may be the only one left who is not asking for my pre-order money back. I really want this game. Any updates?
Old October 30th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Private

Seboss is on a distinguished road

November is just around the corner, still no updates?
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Private

walkeraj is on a distinguished road

We're almost midway through November, and I feel as if someone needs to keep this going. So, what's the status, guys?
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:58 AM

Private

Hamlet23 is on a distinguished road

I am disapointed at the lack of updates. It is coming up on two years ago that I gave them my money. I would really like to have this game, but I fear it is dead. Somebody tell us what its status is please.
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:24 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

Did they really remove the classic Eat Electric Death -banner ad from the top of the site this week? It came occasionally up until the first week of July 2012, but now I havent seen it for two days maybe?

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta