.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:38 PM

Corporal

Brummbar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KG Griffin the Alt History Campaign Continues

Plans are made to be broken.

It sound's like they were ready for your attack. Can't wait to see what you did to them.

Keep up the great work PanzerBob!

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:55 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Real time notes: Sorry for any awaiting updates, real life as it does from time to time has been interfering with my free time. I’ve only managed 5-6 turns since my last SITREP and ……..well you will see.
Continued -- KG Griffin War Diary, 03 Nov 1945

Short entry, as our attack had run into some problems especially on the Left Flank with the Fast Attack Group. As misfortune would have it we discovered a new British Tank, which turned out to be the Centurion. This Heavy Tank was fielding a 20pdr Gun and showed us in short order; about 20-25mins what it could do to Panther and Cheetah frontal armour. Only 4 of them at this point were ID’d and accounted for 9 to 10 panzers before being neutralized with combined Panzer, Arty and Hubz strikes. Most of the attached Pz Gen moved to the Suez Berm during this savage exchange.

See Map-Left Flank

Heavy Attack Group progress at the same time was mostly to schedule, although 3 Jaguars were out, 2 destroyed & 1 had a track taken out by infantry. A 6pdr lucky strike and a Comet shot to the side were to blame. This attack was still more or less on track. 3 Jaguars would be detached to assist on the Left Flank.

See Map-Right Flank

The actual bridge assaults were about to commence. The enemy still had an unknown amount of Comets on the Western side of the Suez Canal.

Obersturmbannführer PanzerBob

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

Woops. Looks like you ran into some heavy enemy activity in the south. Sorry to hear it. You should ask the OKW to replace your Panthers with sturdier MBTs.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:31 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
RecruitMonty said:
Woops. Looks like you ran into some heavy enemy activity in the south. Sorry to hear it. You should ask the OKW to replace your Panthers with sturdier MBTs.
Thanks for Condolences, I've been foiled yet again, the freakin' AI decided more Centurions were a good idea. It was a slaughter of epic dimensions.

My Panther/Cheetah Kp died taking out the first 4 Centurions, and the Pz Gren died under Comets and Infantry trying to secure a bridgehead at the pontoon bridge.

The Jaguar Kp ran into a nasty surprise on the Railbridge when more (4) Centurions laid to waste my deadly beauties. I then ordered a withdrawal at that point.

For the price of 11 Comets and 6 Centurions, etc the British stopped me cold, 4 Panther G's, 8 Panther F's, 4 Cheetah's, and 8 Jaguars plus many others was the butchers bill.

I figure, my biggest mistake was lack of use of my Hubz to recce the area, overzealous use of smoke, and too much speed trying to reach the objectives and even the trying to take both objectives at once. Of course the Centurions were a surprise not even thought of.

Back to the drawing board literally, time to redo my Alt History German OOB, and then try again.

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Old March 12th, 2008, 06:56 AM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

Need any help on Armour ratings etc? I can give you some.
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM

First Lieutenant

Yes RM, Thanks for the offer, that would take some of the rule of thumbness out of the way I do it presently. I have now thanks to the fine artists a large collection of icons to use for a bevy of What If Panzers etc. I'm creating POD technical timeline at the momment and will post it for imput, likely in the OOB section. My plan is to create the What If OOB and have easily portable shp files to go long with the OOB so once I develop the camppaign or others want to try my stuff out, it will be easy to do so.

Old March 15th, 2008, 11:32 AM

Corporal

Brummbar is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that life stuff can really get in the way of our gaming stuff. I my self have had very limited time on my computer in the past month and a half.

Do you think my pet Tiger's whould have done you any good in your last fight?

Keep up the great AAR's.

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM

First Lieutenant

Yeah I hate when real time interferes with my gaming.

You Pet Tiger may have helped, but I really did myself in with the use of smoke and speed, instead of using the long-range capabilities of my Panzerwaffe. I certainly would have still lost Panzers but not the slaughter that did ensue.

Next AAR will hopefully be my last test before I put all this together as a campaign. Now to get a few uninterrupted days to cobble together my new OOB's.