World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:19 PM

Corporal

Richard_H is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Left out countries

Gentlemen

Have read the above with interest, because I wasn't sure how much enthusiasm was left for the WW1 project. My apologies that it has all taken so long, but 1) real life had a habit of intervening and 2) I saw no point in not completing the circle, and adding 1919-29 as well.

The state of play as far as I'm concerned is this:- I'm probably 3-4 man-weeks away from completion of a basic (and I specify basic) all-nations WW1 series of oobs. Minor nations, with the exception of Sweden, Norway and Canada are virtually complete. UK, France, Germany & Russia are all 'playable', although limited in their choice of units and currently without mortars. Austria-Hungary (in the Hungary slot) is under way, so the majors I have not yet begun are the USA, USMC and Italy.

With the exception of Germany, the early part of which has moved to 'Blue', along with a few Turks, the whole project should be compatible with Dos V7, and probably 95% compatible with WinSPWW2. Because I started from a Dos basis, I have left in the original oobs all those units etc that now form the 6 new nations; I shall, however, work on both Chinese oobs.

At the same time, I am attempting a 'seamless' integration with SPMBT for the 1949 rather than the 1946 timeline. Reason:- really for the 'what-ifs' who like to 'turn' Germany to the Allies & go on to WW3 against the USSR. Economics is not a problem in this game!! I have also undertaken a fairly major review of lbms, particularly artillery (IIRC the Greek oob showed the same lbm for every calibre between 65mm and 149mm. Not a criticism, but if somebody has the time, why not?)

First thought:- several posters here have said they are 'working on WW1 mods' of their own. Can I suggest that you email me privately what you've done, so that we can present an integrated project? That way, I suspect we'll have more chance of twisting Andy's arm on dates . . . .

Second:- I haven't yet 'raided' this section of the forum for goodies, so that will take a little time.

Third:- I am desperately short of (and very bad at!) icons. They will come last of all, & I know I have a few somewhere, I think from Luke; but big German armoured cars, any WW1 aircraft, St Chamond, all (and more) will be welcome.

Fourth:- How much space is there here? As you can imagine, there will be several hundred new lbms, as well as the new set of oobs, modded shp files and a couple of text files. IIRC the previous forum was limited to 20 Meg. I haven't yet looked at a preliminary zip, but I suspect it'll be close to that, if not more. And yes, those of you who know me know that some of those lbms will be in the dreaded 'c' word - colour! If - and it's a big if at the moment - this is to grow into an 'official' mod, the colour can always be taken out and sent to SPColormods.

Excuse length of post, should probably have started a new subject.

Richard H