.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 4th, 2007, 02:44 AM

Major

Wish is on a distinguished road
Default My new favorite SC

Admittedly this is only feasible in during the late end or "clean up" portion of a game

but I put together a wished for Destroyer of Worlds with the unquenchable sword, shadow brand, fire brand, aegis, robe of shadows, boots of quickness, and a lucky charm, empowered him to 3 death and sent him in casting soul vortex, mistform, and mirror image...

armies just MELTED against him. and he could cloud trapeze to where I needed him.

so cool.
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:12 AM

Sergeant

Ferrosol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My new favorite SC

hmm my favourite SC is a great wyrm with at least water 2 astral 2. Have him cast twist fate and quicken self then charge in his huge hp total combined with those buffs make him an ideal SC in the early game then in the mid game equip him with two Helmets of ? (the ones that give you an extra gore attack) a pendant of luck and whatever extra trinket you want.
Of course i doubt this build would work in a long game but in the few blitzes i have played it cleans up
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

For you wyrm : use one of the helmet slots for a horror helmet : it will greatly increase the fear value of your wyrm, and if you've taken dominion 9/10 at start to get awe, you wyrm will be near impossible to kill will normal melee troops (but beware of undeads and other mindless units)
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

This is my 1st ever real SC. I managed to get him up and running by turn 37 (early spring in the 4th year), in a MP game. Standard research too!

Click on attachment with this post to see picture.

200+ kills in just 2 turns and he enslaves half a dozen to a dozen enemy units per battle.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 484421-Thud.bmp (1.78 MB, 281 views)
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Sergeant

Ferrosol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jack_Trowell said:
For you wyrm : use one of the helmet slots for a horror helmet : it will greatly increase the fear value of your wyrm, and if you've taken dominion 9/10 at start to get awe, you wyrm will be near impossible to kill will normal melee troops (but beware of undeads and other mindless units)
Yeah forgot to mention to take the high dominion and I may try your idea with the horror helm if I play a nation with easy access to death magic
Old January 4th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road

Nice one meglobob. Im not sure what my favourite SC was, although it could have been the fire shielded, banfire shielded, petrifying(gorgon style), soul vortexed, phoenix pyred, regenerating, lucky, high prot, high fear king of banefires I made one time.
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

Vicious Love is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ferrosol said:
hmm my favourite SC is a great wyrm with at least water 2 astral 2. Have him cast twist fate and quicken self then charge in his huge hp total combined with those buffs make him an ideal SC in the early game then in the mid game equip him with two Helmets of ? (the ones that give you an extra gore attack) a pendant of luck and whatever extra trinket you want.
Of course i doubt this build would work in a long game but in the few blitzes i have played it cleans up
You do realize Twist Fate only protects your wyrm from one hit, which is unlikely to do appreciable damage? The fatigue from casting the spell probably more than counterbalances this advantage. Why not opt for Astral Shield or (against better-armored troops) Astral Weapon, instead? Or both? Possibly even coupled with Breath of Winter? Or drop the astral altogether, so your pretender can't be killed by any mage with 1 or more astral, magic duel, and a bit of luck?
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

Vicious Love is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Meglobob said:
This is my 1st ever real SC.
Not half bad, but astral magic below 6 or 7 is always a liability on any SC quite this valuable. And the Tartarian Chains are wasted on something with an attack skill of 8, unless their Enslave Mind ability doesn't require a hit. If it does, a high-attack SC could probably use them to snag all sorts of high-defense thugs, mini-SCs, or even true SCs for you, whereas your golem could only efficiently take out the high-HP/protection, low-defense variety.
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:31 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Vicious Love said:
Why not opt for Astral Shield or (against better-armored troops) Astral Weapon, instead? O
Astral Weapon? What Astral weapon?

It's one of the few spells that were removed.
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Vicious Love said:
Quote:
Meglobob said:
This is my 1st ever real SC.
Not half bad, but astral magic below 6 or 7 is always a liability on any SC quite this valuable. And the Tartarian Chains are wasted on something with an attack skill of 8, unless their Enslave Mind ability doesn't require a hit. If it does, a high-attack SC could probably use them to snag all sorts of high-defense thugs, mini-SCs, or even true SCs for you, whereas your golem could only efficiently take out the high-HP/protection, low-defense variety.
Thanks!

Interesting what you say about the tartarian chains. I will after think about that. Besides equipping him with it to enslave enemy armies troops, I was also hoping to get 'free' ashen angels with no real danger to my golem. They attack to get the chains, I enslave them. Only had him 4 turns or so now, so still early days to see if this is possible.

So far he has faced 500+ troops and only a ashen angel has been strong enougth to wound him, thus triggering virtues armour ability of returning.

I script:-

Astral tempest, body etheral, personal luck, astral shield, twist of fate cast spells.

When he has no gems, exactly same, except resist magic at the end.

Would solar brilliance be good instead of astral tempest when I am facing undead or a waste of time?

Also has anyone any suggestions about anything better he could script against flyers?