.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 5th, 2010, 07:07 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 11 Gavrus

Just a point I have only scratched the scenerios as there are quite a lot of them but difficulty varies greatly, must be very hard for designers trying to cover diffrent skill levels & in many cases historical situations. Some the AI does not stand a chance but have played a couple of others where I have been well & truely in the pooh. This never bothered me its the challenge that counts if they are hard to win or you are hanging on for a draw or worse is that not more involving than an easy victory.
These are the only ones I have played 6 months later to see if I can do better.
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Private

JTullman is on a distinguished road

What settings do you recommend I use? Currently I have everything at 100% with everything turned ON.
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTullman View Post
What settings do you recommend I use? Currently I have everything at 100% with everything turned ON.
That's the default setting, i just turn Ai tank heavy off
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:15 PM

General

Thats what I would recomend.
Do on occasion turn spotting down in low visibility games as feel becomes much harder, seeing on a dark night or in a thunderstorm is not easy & seems to make finding infantry more difficult while making little or no diffrence to finding vehicles unless stationary in cover.

For generated battles have tank heavy off as I think AI buys more realisticly though not a lot in it.
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:35 PM

Private

JTullman is on a distinguished road

Hmmm... Looking at the Manual, AI Tank Heavy wouldn't have any effect on this scenario, right?
No this is just a really difficult scenario. The best thing to do is across from the north. Anything else results in a draw or loss.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:55 PM

General

Correct tank heavy only effects generated battles but there are several scenerios a lot harder than this in my view. Nothing like realising your getting your arse whupped by the AI & struggling to hang on. If you like campaigns try the ANZAC one no problems with time here long battles, strongly suggest you follow designers notes & take the easy option. Not for the feint hearted probably the closest the AI comes to being human.
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Private

nuNce is on a distinguished road

Got a go of this scenario and got annoyed of bulletproof british at turn 4. I don't like scenarios which have to be replayed to be won, feels to me more like a puzzle to solve rather than an actual battle.
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

ALL battles are puzzles to solve. This one requires a bit of consideration from the player beyond the obvious you see at set up. The British in this scenario are NO DIFFERENT than they are anywhere else in the game AND they have NO special experience or morale ratings that make them any different than they are normally.

Anyone who thinks the infantry is "bullet proof" in this scenario will find they are no different when dug in in every other scenario and in generated battles.

The premise of this thread was that this scenario was "impossible" to win. It's not "impossible" to win . "IMP" proved that it's not and so did the people who playtested it years ago when it was first put into the game.

Don
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

Anyone wanna play it against me on this? PBeM?
With a different troop composition but the same objective area?
hahaa
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Just coincidence that had a post about this scenario
Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps.
I just managed to decisive victories and draws in this scenario. Generally not use the platoons in the south. Use B and C squads with armored cars. Amount soldiers and I cross the river in a straight line to the right, taking as a squad B1. Going to see a depression before crossing the River. For this sector are covered with depressions in the ground. I've come to the forest and the car armed with cannon near the trenches with flags (north side) to kill British cars. Until there is easy but then gets complicated.
Before bombing the area know there are houses where a mortar English (intelligence jejej told me. I know from previous attacks fustrado) Treatment mg hammering in forests where there are enemies. This distracted the English bombing but my mortars to bombard me. With armored cars took the flag but at the cost of losing most of the platoon B and C. Now that I know a little more than try to use smoke to attack the southern ss.
With the scouts can see the anti-tank gun but if you pass by where I do not attack you. The crossing is in the hex 35.13 and can hide in 36.13 and 37.13.