.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 21st, 2012, 12:04 AM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Japanese Long Campaign

Situation at Turn 38

Can't help feeling that our movement along the flanks meant that we've bypassed a large number of enemies in reaching the victory locations.

So far, we've only encountered 3 companies worth of enemy infantry. I expect at least another 3 companies worth and more enemy armour as well.

By this turn, we about to capture both the north and south objectives and are proceeding to link up on the central objectives. Noticed a enemy AT platoon covering the centre and I expect at least an infantry platoon screening those guns in the forest.s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Czech T38.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	12040  
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:03 AM

Sergeant

Situation at Turn 53

We captured all objectives about 3 turns ago and re-organised for all-round defence.

We have just spotted enemy armour heading towards A and D Coy's lines. It's about 8 more turns before end of battle. I believe that the enemy infantry won't be able to reach our lines in time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Czech T53.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	12041  
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:54 AM

Sergeant

Situation at End Battle (Turn 61)

By the end of the mission, we can see that my earlier thoughts are accurate. Enemy infantry are all streaming back from the front in an effort to reclaim their lost VLs.

Since this was a special mission, quite a number of my units have improved to Elite levels and my next mission is designated as a Delay in Manchuria.

I guess that's pretty historical. The border skirmishing between Japan and Soviet was often a Advance followed by Delay.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	czech End.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	12042  
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM

Sergeant

Mission
To conduct Delay operations in the Manchuko Sector with Degawa Battalion for a period of 3 hours (roughly 58 turns), during the dusk to early evening hours (visibility 8)

Enemy
To expect Soviet forces of 3x infantry battalions reinforced with 1x light armoured squadron, and up to 3x medium/ heavy artillery batteries.

Troops
Degawa Battalion will be supported by 1x 75mm Light Artillery Battery (off-board), 1x Medium Armour Pl of Type 97 Chi-Ha tanks, 1x Anti-tank Pl of Type 94 37mm ATGs and 1x Section of Armoured Cars.

Terrain
Our sector is a relatively low-rising, gentle sloping hill that is mostly tall grass and open fields, scattered with forests.

The only axis of interest is the road that runs E-W more or less centre of the sector itself.

Battle Plan
To concentrate 3 inf coys up front to delay operations and 1 inf coy in reserve.

B coy will concentrate on the main road, and defend the road.. They'll be supported by 1x Medium Armour platoon

C coy will concentrate on the northern flank, and delay. They'll be supported by 1x ATG platoon.

D coy will concentrate on the southern flank, and delay.

A coy will remain in reserve, near to the top of the hill. Due to low visibility, there is a high likelihood that enemies will infiltrate through our first line of defence.

The Bn Inf Gun Platoon will be positioned in the middle to provide support.

Due to extreme low visibility and lack of defensible terrain, a draw would be considered a reasonable achievement.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Manchuko Plan.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	12043  
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM

Sergeant

Situation at Turn 7
Contacts erupted around turn 5 with the main enemy effort along the main road in B Coy's sector. We have destroyed/ immobilised 4 tanks in exchange for 1 of ours. The point platoon (Platoon 5) is also slowing down the enemy cavalry that's immediately behind the enemy armour.

Over in C Coy's sector, the point platoon (Platoon 9) has observed the enemy armoured cars approaching but abruptly stopped just 100 metres away from our forces, for the past 3 turns. If these armoured cars intend to wait for infantry to push up, Platoon 9 will have a difficult time to extract itself later on.

A Coy has been alerted to enemy armoured cars that has bypassed the both B and C coy.

All quiet on D Coy sector, though we should expect enemy soon. Heavy smoke covers the battlefield to the south.

Our armoured car section is still in reserve. They are mobile machine gun posts and lack AT weapons.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Manchuko T7.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	12044  
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:31 AM

Sergeant

Situation at Turn 13

A Coy has destroyed the first wave of armoured cars but now face a fresh platoon of light tanks.

B Coy's point platoon (Platoon 5) is overrun by the pace of enemy armour thrust. There's nothing else blocking the main road, unless Platoon 4 can get back in time.

C Coy also destroyed the first wave of armoured cars but not face a fresh platoon of light tanks as well as infantry pushing up. Platoon 9 has lost at least 1 section, and the ATG platoon is hurrying to place themselves before the enemy armour pops up.

D Coy is almost in danger of being overrun as well. They have destroyed the lighter tanks but the T-28 M1932 tanks are very tough to crack.

All in all, it doesn't look too good for the Battalion as a whole, and the next 5-8 turns could decide whether we will be totally overrun in all sectors.

I estimate at least 2 enemy armour squadrons at least.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A Coy T13.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	12046   Click image for larger version

Name:	B Coy T13.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	12047   Click image for larger version

Name:	C Coy T13.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	12048   Click image for larger version

Name:	D Coy T13.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	12049  
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:59 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

First of all,a very interesting ARR on a japanese campaign.
Like the situation maps,but would be better and cleaner if you maybe first turn off the hex grid?
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Sergeant

Situation at Turn 20

A Coy sector remains pretty much the same. Pl 3, the point platoon is holding off the enemy armour splendidly.

B Coy has been split by the speed of enemy armour. About half of Platoon 5 remains, and I've decided to withdraw them if possible. Platoon 4 is now stranded and I decide that they should remain largely where they are.

C Coy's sector is somewhat stabilising. The ATGs have almost knocked out all enemy armour. However, Platoon 9 is no longer effective and they will be withdrawn. Platoon 7 and 8 will remain to frustrate the enemy infantry.

D Coy has been the most disastrous sector. Platoon 11 is almost completely dispersed by the enemy armour, and the enemy thrust is aimed directly at my soft underbelly, between B and D Coy. Platoon 12 will continue to delay while Platoon 10 hurry to set-up the next position.

I'm beginning to withdraw my HMG Coy. They have been very difficult to deploy and I hardly think its worth spending them needlessly in such an unfavourable terrain and mission.

The current plan for the next 5-8 turns is to deploy A Coy's reserve platoons (Pl 1 and 2) to prepare to meet the enemy armour that is thrusting from D Coy's sector. If that goes awry, it's pretty much a write-off for the entire battalion in this one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A Coy T20.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	12051   Click image for larger version

Name:	B Coy T20.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	12052   Click image for larger version

Name:	C Coy T20.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	12053   Click image for larger version

Name:	D Coy T20.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	12054  
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM

Sergeant

Situation at Turn 27

A Coy is attempting to conduct a fighting withdrawal to cover the remnants of C Coy that is in full retreat. A Coy will continue to keep the corridor open for Platoon 8 and 9.

B Coy may have to be entirely sacrificed. They are left stranded too far ahead and the safest course of action may be for Platoons 4 and 6 to remain in the forests and defend.

C Coy is in full retreat from the enemy infantry. Platoon 8 is the only remaining effective unit.

D Coy is also in full retreat and Platoon 10 remains the only effective unit.

The Battalion Infantry Guns have been over-run. Our Battalion HQ is moving towards the rear.

It is very unfortunate that the yellow units (destroyed) are wholly my own units in this mission.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Manchuko T27.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	12056  
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:30 AM

Sergeant

Situation at Turn 37

A Coy is benefiting from the close terrain and making the enemy armour pay for each yard they gain. I estimate approx. 8 armoured wrecks around the first platoon's position, but the enemy reserves appears inexhaustible, and more keep advancing. Enemy artillery is beginning to find the range on our positions and though it feels natural to pull them back, it is perhaps much safer for them if they remain in cover. Their retreat route to the east is too open.

B Coy is also benefiting from the close terrain and fighting enemy infantry that attempts to close. Only enemy artillery will be able to dig these guys out.

C and D Coy's sector has been quiet and my intention is for them to remain on the battlefield till the end.

The ATG and Armoured Cars (AC) are combining well. The ATG has taken out another 5 enemy tanks while the AC is delaying the enemy infantry. However, I estimate they will most likely only be able to hold for the next 3 turns.

Nothing much positive to report. I may lose all VLs but I expect our guys to extract a terrible price on the enemy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Manchuko T37.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	12057