.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 1st, 2010, 07:33 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default The Best & The Worst Dynamic Campaign

The exploits of the Battlegroup known as IMFORCE, it is built around the reinforced A Company, 1st YORKS.
Battalion Commander/ tactical liason officer Wulfir, ready for fast response to the worlds hot spots as peacekeepers or in the fight against terrorism.

If anybody else wants to play along or see map download here http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...343#post724343
Note contains some SPOILERS obviously but trying to keep low with just a general report.

IMFORCE OOB:
HQ
Forward Observer
Light Bat Rec Platoon (Jackals)
Armored Rec Platoon (Scimitar CS)
Light Infantry Rifle Company (Mastiff+)
Pioneer Platoon (Truck)
HMG/Sniper Support Section (Land Rover)
Javelin Section (Panther)
Mortar Platoon
One Stalwart Ammo Resupply

First deployment of 2010
At Tur,
Yemen
January 30, 2010
You have moved out into the mountainous western highlands of Yemen. You are part of a Government offensive aiming at wresting control from the Rebels of a vast area between the capital and AL-LUHAYYA on the western coast of the country.
Your first target will be the town of AT TUR.
It is held by Rebel forces of unknown strength. According to the Yemenites they are mostly belonging to a tribal group with minimal military experience but in command of quite an arsenal of small arms and even some heavier stuff, including some mortars and supposedly a T-55 tank.
They have beaten back one Yemeni army attack last week.
You will have one Yemeni army mech company, one of their more modern artillery batteries to help out, but don't count too much on their abilities.
US Air Force F-16 based in Yemen will be providing support should you need it.
Your mission is to wipe out all Rebel forces in and around AT TUR as well as secure the nearby main-road bridge.

Initial impresions quite a bit of open ground to cover need to clear the Flee Pit & small clumps of buildings en route to the North end of At Tur before heading into town, obvious route is the main road bit worried about mines but sending main force that way. They move out towards Rich Mans Villa under cover of a smoke screen while a smaller force moves round the hill towards the Flee Pit with a second smoke screen timed to drop there.
Progress is initialy slow as checking for mines but it appears they have not had time to deploy them or dig in, engaging units in & near the Villa. The rebels tried running reinforcements up but Scimitars stopped them on the edge of town however we are taking a lot of harrying fire from HMGs along the towns edge. Lost 3 men to them but 2 located so arty inbound. As the area is wide open they are a menace so decide to call in 2 F-16s to deal with them, despite the bombardment one still manages to send an F-16 limping home but they will cause no further trouble. As hoped the F-16 pilots spot a few things including a T-55 causing some rapid moves to cover as the smoke is disipating. Make quick progress down the road clearing the few squads holding it but burning through smoke keeping T-55 out of the action. Turn 5 & Javelin teams are in position & toast him now moving to try & cover bridge in case of unwanted guests, our allies lose a scout team to distant HMG fire however this revealed its location to units moving out from the Flee Pit. This was cleared easily the 2 platoons guarding it being rather lax allowing the Yorks to find & engage safely. Jackals are proving very usefull speed means they can take advantage of the few areas that offer cover to unload scouts & get an overview before the troops turn up. By turn 6 progress has slowed this force is about 1/3rd way to town but out in the open having to use dischargers to unload & seem to have run into a couple of platoons supporting the HMGs here. The main force has just got a toe hold on the North edge of town, 3 pioneers paid the price for checking its mine free. Progress will now slow as not vehicle territory & the need for caution is suddenly emphasised as the first RPG shot rings out, the lack of them so far has allowed for a comparitivly easy ride. Looks like the towns defenders are better equiped than the delaying forces, screens of situation at start of turn 7

Wulfir, note will get rid of one or two Jackal scout sections they are proving very effective, of course the rebels might do it for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	South Force.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	9197   Click image for larger version

Name:	North Force.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	9198  
Old January 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Best & The Worst Dynamic Campaign

Going to discontinue this post for the present as it is being used as the basis for a released campaign.
Will possibly post an overview of once completed sorry
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:34 AM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

I basically came at this with a pincer movement. I had the Yemenis go south and took the southern town. Then up and behind from the south. A small force took the Rich Man's house and discovered the tank... Luckily he missed my Jackal and and F16 took him out. The main part of my force went through the northern hills and came down through the town from the north... I lost a couple of vehicles here and a few men. I kind of got into a system. I would debus an infantry squad from a vehicle, they would get shot at (usually no casualties), they would spot the enemy, I would destroy the enemy then do it again. It was slow but it seemed effective.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:29 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreedon View Post
I basically came at this with a pincer movement. I had the Yemenis go south and took the southern town. Then up and behind from the south. A small force took the Rich Man's house and discovered the tank... Luckily he missed my Jackal and and F16 took him out. The main part of my force went through the northern hills and came down through the town from the north... I lost a couple of vehicles here and a few men. I kind of got into a system. I would debus an infantry squad from a vehicle, they would get shot at (usually no casualties), they would spot the enemy, I would destroy the enemy then do it again. It was slow but it seemed effective.
i'd rather bring down every gun at my disposal(tubes, MGs,mortars, z fire) on the suspected enemy positions, then have mounted infatry to do the clean up, take more casualties, but kills enem faster, needs a lot of guns though