This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > GilliGames > Space HoRSE

Old March 4th, 2004, 02:37 AM

Private

Ursafan is on a distinguished road
Default Spacehorse on line players

Hi all.... getting ready to purchase Spacehorse, but was wondering how many on line players there are out here.
Old March 4th, 2004, 07:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

Gillissie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spacehorse on line players

Hi Ursafan,

I know that a lot of people that bought Space HoRSE like to play it Online. However, most of those people play with friends they already know, so it's kind of hard to find random players. Hopefully some people will post some contact info here if they would like to hook up with other Online players.

Perhaps Shrapnel Games could ask each person that bought Space HoRSE to list themselves here if they're interested in Online play.
Old April 18th, 2004, 06:27 PM

Private

adamofevil is on a distinguished road

Multiplayer is severely bugged. Most games dont Last the whole way through. Though the save feature at the monthly summary screen does help out in this situation, it is still quite frustrating to have all players re-join in the same player order and then repeat the same months sometimes 3 or 4 times over. A lot of bugs were worked out with the first patch, but there definitely needs to be another one. Anyway if you're interested in playing just shoot an e-mail in my direction. Same goes for you Todd. We used to play a lot before you came out with the 1.03 patch. I helped you work out a bunch of bugs but then you disappeared. I'm willing to do some more work with you to get the next patch rolled out.

[ April 18, 2004, 17:29: Message edited by: adamofevil ]
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hey Adam,

Thanks for checking in.

I get mixed reports about the stability of network play. Some people use it all the time and don't have problems, while some others (like you), report it to be buggy.

It's been almost two years since the original release and the 1.03 patch, and I barely hear about any problems, so I've gotten my programming brain out of Space HoRSE and into my next game project. This means that another patch is very unlikely. I really hate to hear about problems, but I very rarely do, and they usually don't relate to networking.

Oh yeah, one more thought. I've heard that on the PC's that do have random crashes during the network play, if you disable the movies, it seems to prevent crashes. Seems really weird, but you could try it. If you do, make sure all players disable movies. (Use the F4 key to toggle movies)

By the way, did you get the invitation to join the Broken Treaty beta test?

[ April 25, 2004, 04:40: Message edited by: Gillissie ]
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:12 AM

Private

Shadowlord is on a distinguished road

Well, I for one would like to see a patch.
There's some bugs in the game that *should* be addressed... The networking is a bit buggy, and I noticed the following other [related] bug(s):

* If you are playing against the computer (not sure in multiplayer games...), you can prevent the computer from moving down/selling by pressing both the up and down arrows on the keyboard. Not sure if this is intentional. I have also seen this bug with the mouse; however, it doesn't happen every time (but can be easily demonstrated in the beginning of the game), and usually has no effect near the end of the game.

* I recently reinstalled everything, and after playing a game, I noticed that once I left the game I could not restart it, nor could I restart using the network Version. Basically, it blanks the screen, switches resolution, then goes back to desktop. Probably something with the movies; just thought I'd mention it. UPDATE: 6/15 - Tried hosting a network game today, after exiting then restarting, it would blank out as described above.

* One other bug that I had forgotten about... there's a way to win land auction w/o enough cash:
IF:
1. The computer doesn't bid
2. You have LESS money than is the minimum for the land.
Simply time it so that when the time runs out you are pushing up. You will be credited the land and debited the lands price, putting yourself in the hole. (ie. $ -355). I've recreated this enough to think its not a bug but more of a feature....

Also looking for others to play w/ Online. Speaking of which....

Can someone post the ports this game uses so I can open the firewall? Also, if the game matching software uses any ports, please post those as well. Will check any FAQs after I post this

This is a great interpretation of M.U.L.E., btw. The fish were a nice touch.

Thanks,
-Andy

[ June 16, 2004, 00:55: Message edited by: Shadowlord ]
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

I will look into fixing the blatantly obvious glitches/exploits you've mentioned, it's the first I've heard of them.

Also, the network port info is posted in a "sticky" posting on this forum, but you may have to change the dropdown box to "Show all topics" since it is so old.