This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > GilliGames > Space HoRSE

Old November 3rd, 2004, 10:07 PM

Private

adamofevil is on a distinguished road
Default Feature Requests for Space HoRSE

First I'd like to thank Todd for making the time to test the game with me extensively so that we were able to fix some of the major issues with the game in multiplayer.

Once all the bugs are fixed, I hope it will be feasible to request new features that would make the game more enjoyable Online. If so, here is my first request list...

I've noticed that Online games take a very long time to play, mainly because the players are given an unlimited amount of time to do certain things. To cut down on this maybe if there was a set time limit on the amount of time a player has to select a plot during the land grant, the total game time can be cut down somewhat.

It may also be of some benefit to add a game pause feature. Even during an auction someone may get interrupted from their computer and need to take a quick break.

When loading a game to continue a multi player game, is it possible to program Space HoRSE to recognize an incoming player name and automatically assign it to the correct player? This would lessen confusion as most times the original player joining order is not remembered, or is difficult to reproduce.

During multi-player, when it is the computers turn and the host does not realize it, the game will sit forever until someone realizes that the host needs to start clicking the turns away. Maybe have a 2 or 3 second delay and then automatically click if nobody else clicks? This could speed things up as well.

On the monthly summary screen it would be nice to see a "Colony Score" as well.
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

Gillissie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feature Requests for Space HoRSE

These are all great ideas, but I have a question... do I release the patch with the current fixes then work on another patch with new features? Or hold off on the patch until new features are added?

I think I want to release the new patch without new features. As much as I'd like to add the new features, I would rather work on a whole new game. The new features would most likely be added in the future, if they do get added.

I was thinking about adding guns, what do you think? HAHA! Just kidding!
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:45 AM

Private

adamofevil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feature Requests for Space HoRSE

I agree with you 100%. You should definitely release a Patch with bug fixes first. But don't release the bug fix patch and then forget all about us again for another 2 years!