This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old February 17th, 2014, 11:06 PM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Distorted shp images in MobHack??

SHPED does freak out if you upload a BMP into it that's not saved in 24-bit. It will show a white tile with black streaks. All you have to do is save the BMP in 24-bit and upload it again, and all is well. MOBHack produces a badly garbled image if it's even bigger than the bomber icons you mentioned. The same icon, showed in the encyclopedia in-game, will show their 'tail end' as you scroll down through the other entries.

But all of this is a moot point, as it doesn't affect the game display. I was just throwing out suggestions as to what Gooseman's issues may have been due to.
Old February 18th, 2014, 08:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

As I already said, the fact that he reported

Quote:
I then noticed in shped in SP Fix the images I put in are sized as 87x87 and all the others that look fine in MobHack are 88x88.
tells me the original BMP he converted to a SHP was 88x88 instead of the required 89x89
Old February 18th, 2014, 04:11 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Guys,

The response is awesome. This group of fans are still intensely involved. (wish there could be a new Generation game)

Sorry Don, I did not mean for you to get tortured by the past (lol... always seem to come back at ya one way or another)

I have not been able to get back to work on anything, "real" work has been getting in the way again.

I lost all my original bmp files and I am attempting to rebuild my collection again and work on my USA 1980-2020 mod for the next upgrade. The problem is they are in SHP files. Should I export them from SHPed or MobHack? Which will cause the least problems if I want to make new SHP files or new bmp files?

I am including the actual bmp files that are giving me problems (I only modified the turrets, the hulls were exported from MobHack). I also included the SHP file I am using.

Anyway, as mkr8683 said. this is more a nuisance than a game stopper, it does work in-game. I just would like to have what I do be as compliant with official work as possible.

Thanks again,
Gooseman2448
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Winter_SHP.7z (6.0 KB, 196 views)
Old February 18th, 2014, 04:57 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The problem is EXACTLY what I said it would be .....the BMP is 88x88. IT NEEDS TO BE 89x89

Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:24 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road

Don,
You were correct. The problem was in proceedure. Even though MobHack needs a 89x89 bmp, it exports an 88x88 bmp. ShpEd can use almost any size ship bmp thus it works in gsme.

The trick is to export a blank 89x89 bmp from ShpEd and use it as a template to paste an image into it or start from scratch and save it.

So, MobHack is kind of the issue. Lol. It wants an 89x89 image to look at but, puts out a 88xx88 to mess with your head.

Thanks again for helping me work this out. Made some new shp's and everything is working great again.

Gooseman out...