This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old June 8th, 2006, 05:15 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default winSPWW2 Launches Its Worldwide Assault!

News Release For Immediate Release

Enhanced CD WinSPWW2 Shipping Tomorrow!

Hampstead, NC, 08 June 2005

The day the world has been waiting for is upon us! Celebrate the week of D-Day with
The Camo Workshop and Shrapnel Games, as we proudly announce that the winSPWW2
Enhanced CD version will begin shipping Friday, June 9th! Yes, the greatest generation
of Steel Panthers will be marching on your hard drive and declaring victory in no time at
all!

winSPWW2 is the premiere super-mod for the much loved Steel Panthers system,
although even calling it a super-mod barely scratches the surface. Rebuilt from the rivets
on up, winSPWW2 is the ultimate example of what happens when a group of dedicated
fans get together to enhance their favorite game.

While words like "realistic", "intense", and "accurate" are all easily used in the same
sentence as winSPWW2, you'll also have no problem using words like "addictive" and
"amazing" in the same breath. Featuring combined arms tactical combat spanning the
years 1930 until 1946, winSPWW2 is a turn-based sandbox of global conflict. With
practically every single piece of important equipment represented, gamers will find
limitless possibilities within winSPWW2.

As can be deduced from the game's name, winSPWW2 is available for Windows
platforms. The game is available as both a FREE download, and the Enhanced CD
edition that starts shipping tomorrow. The Enhanced CD edition includes the FREE, full
game, but includes a whole kampfgruppe of extras for the serious player. These extras
include:

* Higher resolutions than the download version. Play up to a 1600x1200 rez.

* A cut and paste map editor to generate sub-scenarios from one large master map.

* A printed quick-start guide.

* 250 secure PBEM save game slots for tournament play.

* Encyclopedic sorting ability.

* ScenHack and CampaignHack, utilities to manipulate scenarios and convert old DOS
campaigns, respectively.

Between the sheer beauty of winSPWW2 played at higher resolutions, and the flexibility
offered to scenario designers, the Enhanced CD edition is a must have! Haven't ordered
it? Move to it, soldier!

To order the Enhanced CD edition of winSPWW2 for only $39.95 please visit the
Shrapnel Games' e-store, the Gamers Front at:

www.gamersfront.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16169&cat=256&page=

And while you're waiting for your copy to arrive be sure to download the complete
version of winSPWW2 (minus all the cool extras mentioned above) at:

www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPWW2/6.htm
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:16 AM

Corporal

markgame is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPWW2 Launches Its Worldwide Assault!

Glad I already have mine ordered!
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road

Me too. I'm curious how that encyclopeidc sorting works. I'm wondering if that means I can see very single unit in the game in one big pile, in alphabetic order? It is a bit if a bummer if you're campaigning as one nation, that while it automatically pulls up your nation, it looks like tha download version, IIRC, doesn't let you see any other nation's unit data. I guess this better encyclopedia would get around that. I hate to save the game and exit it just to see other nation's data. Maybe the problem was it wouldn't let you look at other nation's data whilst forming the core, but would let you do so during the combat? It's just a bit odd not to be able to go where I want with the encyclopedia anytime I see a toggle for it.

I suppose there usually isn't much of a need to see other nation's units whilst forming the core, only when first perusing this new version I am very curious as to how the Polish guns rate and so forth. If you can see it during combat afterwards what does it really matter?
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:33 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

It lets you sort the encyclopaedia. e.g. only to filter units currently available, or in unit class order. See the Game Guide "CD-Extended Features" link then scroll down to "Encyclopaedia Sort Screen" sub-section.

The Encyclopaedia always allows you to see the other nation's units - press the nation flag and change from the nation selector screen. (This is described in the Game Guide, "Encyclopaedia screen", paragraph beginning "Select a new nation from those active at this date by pressing on the existing flag in the centre of the screen.." which is right at the start of the Encyclopaedia help)

The Game Guide is the game's manual - easiest way to get there is to load the GameOptions menu, select the "Help" tab and press the "Read the Game Manual" button. The GG will then appear in your HTML browser, with a frame of navigational links in the left column, GG text in the RHS column.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Charles22 said:
<SNIP>It is a bit if a bummer if you're campaigning as one nation, that while it automatically pulls up your nation, it looks like tha download version, IIRC, doesn't let you see any other nation's unit data. I guess this better encyclopedia would get around that. I hate to save the game and exit it just to see other nation's data.<SNIP>

I would have added "CLICK HERE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT NATION" right above that single flag but since that's the same message that appears in the message bar a the top of the screen when the mouse is passed over that button I just "assumed" it was totally unnecessary.

This "function" works the same in the DL and CD versions. All the info is available.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:51 PM

Private

Nick_Hyle is on a distinguished road

"I'm curious how that encyclopeidc sorting works."

It works the same way it does in WinSPMBT. You DO own WinSPMBT, don't you?

I love sorting - after the new graphic resolution settings, it's probably my favorite part of the upgrade.

Don, Andy - I know over the past few weeks several minor bugs (smoke in campaigns, etc) have been fixed. Is the CD shipping with those fixes, or will the first patch for CD and DL versions be coming later?

Thanks!

Nick
Old June 10th, 2006, 03:29 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road

I may be mistaken, but I could have swore the DOS version allowed me to access other nations in the encyclopedia when I was forming my core. IIRC this version does not and nothing I'm seeing of the responses seems to suggest it being a correct observation. Again, not a biggy, as I know most people aren't that curious about other nation's equipment in that portion of the game, but I could have swore it wouldn't let me see other nations there. Either I've never tried viewing the ency. at that stage of the DOS game, or it's not structured exactly as it was before. I have no trouble outside that small portion of the game. Maybe I'll fire it up again this afternoon to make sure I wasn't on drugs.
Old June 10th, 2006, 07:40 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

When you are in the purchase screen you click the "Encyclopedia" button, then the flag of the nation you are playing and it will take you to the encyclopedia screens where you can review any of the nations in the game.
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:13 PM

Private

Nick_Hyle is on a distinguished road

"I could have swore the DOS version allowed me to access other nations in the encyclopedia when I was forming my core"

It did.

"IIRC this version does not"

YRNC (You Are Not Correct)

"nothing I'm seeing of the responses"

<sigh>

*"The Encyclopaedia always allows you to see the other nation's units - press the nation flag and change from the nation selector screen." (Andy Gailey, 4th post in this thread)

*"I would have added "CLICK HERE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT NATION" right above that single flag but since that's the same message that appears in the message bar a the top of the screen when the mouse is passed over that button I just "assumed" it was totally unnecessary." (Don Goodbrand, 5th post in this thread)

I'll let you in on a little secret - you can igmore damn near anything ANYONE else posts about the game (although you'd be smart to at least pay attention to Pyros on game mechanics and Claus on history) but if DRG or Mobhack give you an answer you REALLY should stop and figure they probably know what they're talking about.
Old June 11th, 2006, 02:17 AM

Sergeant

Sgt_Walrus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nick_Hyle said:
I'll let you in on a little secret - you can igmore damn near anything ANYONE else posts about the game (although you'd be smart to at least pay attention to Pyros on game mechanics and Claus on history) but if DRG or Mobhack give you an answer you REALLY should stop and figure they probably know what they're talking about.
Well said Nick!

I think the reason for spending all the time and effort to get this game happening (and constantly improving) was so that we could PLAY IT...not continually pester Don and Andy over every little nuance.