.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old June 18th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Russia

Turn 19

North Sector: Armor moving out to the reserve point.

Central Sector: Still pulling back. Torched the abandon T-72B.

South Sector: Pulling back to reserve point. Scout teams dispatched a retreating enemy crew.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: One T-72B Rogatka destroyed, three enemy casualties.
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Russia

Decisive Victory!!!!

Turn 20

North Sector: Empty except for two recon units keeping an eye on things. No activity.

Central Sector: The enemy pounded the area around that abandoned tank I destroyed and caught a few squads in the area.

South Sector: Tanks and infantry pulling back. No activity otherwise.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Zero.

Total Casualties

US

Men: 22
Artillery: 0
Soft Vehicles: 0
APCs: 0
AFVs: 0
Air Transports/Helos: 0
Aircraft: 0

Russia

Men: 162
Artillery: 0
Soft Vehicles: 0
APCs: 18
AFVs: 36
Air Transports/Helos: 0
Aircraft: 0

Score

US: 18561
Russia: 2035

Final Comments

This wasn't really a difficult battle because I didn't do more than was necessary to win it. A review of the map after the battle did show there were enough Russian ATGM teams around that going after the objective groups would have cost more than it would have been worth. Some people might say it wasn't a victory because I didn't capture any flags. To that I would say it wasn't a meeting engagement because some flags were in the Russian deployment zone.

I would have gone after the flags if it was necessary to do so, but when only total up to about 6% of the total enemy force points, why bother? It might be nice if the flag points were a percentage of the force points used for one or both sides. Even at 1% per flag based on just my force points would have given the Russians over 5000 points unless I fought for the flags. There would have been no decisive victory without at least some of them. While I understand why the flags when grouped are closer to player 2's deployment zone, it would be nice if they weren't partially in it. Had I been fighting a person instead of the AI, this battle would have been a bear to win. How about making sure the grouped objectives are no closer to player 2's deployment line than 10% the width of the map? At least they then have to come out and get them and player 1 has a chance to cover them with fire before player 2 gets there. Make objectives worth fighting for and make the fight fair.

The fight overall wasn't difficult and my plan was 80% successful. I didn't expect the AI to lead out with tanks and be able to cover the center bridge with fire before I could get across. My tanks never got into position, but I got my infantry there on foot. The bottom edge road was active this time. You can never be sure with the AI. In my first battle, there was a similar road and they never touched it. The northern edge was fairly quiet this battle. Overall, it was a good battle. The AI came out to fight and being careful kept my casualties light.

I've attached the save just before I ended my last turn. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Saved Games.zip (173.9 KB, 273 views)