.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old August 21st, 2009, 10:56 AM

Private

getter77 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT Knights of the Chalice

Though the "side fighting" remains tried and true, the game DOES now feature what should be a more robust font now as of this latest 1.10 patch. So, if lack of legibility was a sticking point for ya---probably a good time for another go at it.
Old August 25th, 2009, 12:39 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

I finally got some time and played the demo. As others have mentioned - I'm no graphics whore but the graphics here were pretty rough. Of particular strangeness was the small resolution of the screen. What was up with that? If you can't make it look good at least let me max out the screen size so I don't feel like I'm playing in a shoebox.

That said the bones of the game do appear sound, albeit pretty standard DnD fare. I think if you upgraded your graphics and paid some more attention to your UI ( mini map, make inv access easier ) you might get some fun out of this game.
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:13 PM

Private

getter77 is on a distinguished road

You might have some solutions to resolution sizes in the continuing patch notes onsite...though from the start you could always select a full screen option---that was pretty much what I always played under outside of tracking down some crashing issues where window mode just made the restarts much easier.

Patching is still ongoing, fair number of UI and general tweaks for smoothness based on player feedback, so I'm optimistic that a great variety of things will be situated in the end of things. As to the art itself being low res in nature? Part classic feel, large part to do with costs via the art folk since as the res goes up so do the costs and it wasn't like this game was one with a bankroll or even a publisher outfit.