World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 26th, 2020, 09:26 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Well I won't be rushing it into the OOB just yet. It's one thing to have a parts supplier next door and another to have one on the other side of the globe

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 26th, 2020, 11:45 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I concur as I stated, too many other things going on right now anyway for me to do anything but track the progress of the K2 PL. I think Germany and possibly France, either or both "dropped the ball or missed the ball" on this opportunity.

But there is another view as well the Polish Zloty favors better against the South Korean Won then it does against the EU Euro.

Bottom-line: Increased buying power for Poland.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old September 26th, 2020, 05:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

well one good thing about it is there is more info about the K2 than when I built the Icon for it so there will be a slight revision of it in the next update

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old September 27th, 2020, 05:28 PM

Lieutenant General

I've been tracking the progress for the LEOPARD 2A7V since just before I submitted the LEOPARD 2A7. It was hoped by various sources to be in service by earliest 2019 or more so 2020, well as most know that didn't happen.

However now we have a year at least and probably literally (Fall, I feel.) based on ref. 2 from the Bundeswehr website and that is currently 2021.

I believe the base for our projected built will have to be the A7. Also the versions that are getting upgraded as not to embarrass my self by submitting an MBT that's not better then it's processors which the A7V will be a marked improvement of. Those would be the our best in game A6 (To be determined.), the A6M A2 which I believe we don't have but appears what we thought was a "test bed" actually isn't (I'll be looking more closing into this.) and a number of the latest A4'S will be upgraded.

What I know high points:
1) New MG L55A1 (This more for the A4 upgrade.) for continuity of the A7V Program.

2) Increased turret front and rear armor values (Note the glacis on front and extended rear of the turret.)

3) New FCS all around (All in game factors i.e. LRF etc.) w/TI/GSR 60.

4) MRAP 7.

5) Fully compatible with NATO/German Ammo to include the newer DM 11 MP round.

6) FYI: 20 are in operational testing at this time since 2017.

However I'm not inclined to put too much into this at this point, it's already slipped by a year or two. However Russia is building up it's forces in the Crimea and that may be incentive enough to move this upgrade along.

On the tank...
https://militaryleak.com/2019/03/26/...r-german-army/
https://www.bundeswehr.de/de/aktuell...-2-a7v-2628236

Just because and note reference source under the title...
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/germa...a7-mbt.348679/

I find this to be interesting and it provides links the rest of the articles covering the 40yr. history of the LEOPARD. But for is the listing of current LEOPARDs in active service at the end of 2019. And he's showing like the A7 I submitted, there appears to be the same number (20) of the A6MA2 MBTs.

I'm getting that ABRAMS feeling about the LEOPARDS as I'm typing this.
https://www.joint-forces.com/feature...t-at-40-part-6

I THINK IT'S TIME FOR MY WALK!!:

Regards,
Pat

UPDATE: After dessert , I figured I just had to finish this up some more, so where numbers and active types are given, the immediate ref. above MATCHS to the following below. I'll being going into the German OOB later just not tonight, might be some date changes and a couple of additions ahead.
http://tank-masters.de/?page_id=148

Now it's time for that walk in the rain, at least I'm not the "Wicked Warlock of the East", so I won't melt!?!

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 28th, 2020 at 12:10 AM..
Old September 28th, 2020, 06:17 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Last VT4 MBT delivered to Thailand, and first VN1 Wheeled APCs to Thailand as well

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...rom_china.html

A series of pictures that were published on Thai online social media in mid-September, likely taken at the Horse Guards Cavalry Center, Adisorn Camp, Saraburi Province, showed a significant number of VN1 8x8 APCs transported from China to Thailand, Defense Studies reports.

So, this indicates that the Royal Thai Army is in the process of receiving delivery of the VN1 Phase 2 wheeled vehicles that were ordered in 2019 for an amount of 2,251,928,086 baht ($ 66,233,179). The contract was for 3 VN1 APC armored vehicles, 12 120mm SM4A grenade launchers, and 9 units of VS27 8x8 Recovery Vehicles, 12 Reconnaissance and Command Vehicles (VE36), 3 VN1 Ambulances and 3 maintenance vehicles, 1 mechanical equipment and 1 electrical equipment maintenance vehicle, and various ammunition.

In December 2019, the Royal Thai Army received VN1 Phase 1 wheeled vehicles for an amount of around 2,300 million baht ($ 68 million) ordered in 2017. The contract concered 34 VN1 armored personnel carriers, 2 VS27 recovery vehicles, 1 mechanical tool maintenance vehicle and 1 electrical equipment maintenance vehicle. The number of vehicles ordered for the VN1 8x8 family was 75 units.

China North Industries Corporation (Norinco) released a video promoting the tests of the VN1 8x8 armored vehicle with a UW4B remote turret of the Thai Army. Overall, weapons were tested including a 30mm automatic gun, a 7.62mm coaxial machine gun, a 40mm grenade launcher and a Red Arrow 73D missile launcher in China, where Thailand was the first export customer to order the VN1 with a remotely controlled turret. But there is no antitank missile launcher.

It is expected that the VN1 8x8 wheeled vehicle will enter service at the 10th Cavalry Regiment (M.K. 10), the 2nd Cavalry Regiment, the 1st Cavalry Brigade, which is understood that M.K. 10 has changed level from Cavalry Reconnaissance Battalion to Armored Cavalry Battalion. The next batch of the VN1series will be delivered by M.K. 10, previously stationed in BTR-3E1 8x8 APC Ukraine.

As well as transporting the VN1 Phase 2 wheeled vehicle, NORINCO has also delivered the last VT4 main battle tank to Thailand. As scheduled, the tank was originally scheduled for delivery in early 2020 but it was postponed to September 2020 due to the coronavirus outbreak in China.

According to the documents of the Royal Thai Army Ordnance Department, on December 20, 2019, the Thai Army plans to procure VT4 tanks, phase 4, consisting of 10 VT4s and 1 simulator for training, all this for an amount of 1,662,375,000 baht ($53,625,000)

The Royal Thai Army has managed 28 units of VT4 tanks for Phase 1 in 2016, Phase 2 for 10 tanks and 1 maintenance vehicle in 2017, Phase 3 with 14 tanks in 2018 and phase 4 with 10 tanks, totaling 62 MBTs, inducted in the 6th Cavalry Battalion and 21st Cavalry Battalion, 6th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Cavalry Brigade.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old September 28th, 2020, 08:44 PM

Lieutenant General

I might as well post what I had as well then, but on the surface not too much work involved here overall (STRYKER copy U.S. one is all for instance.) and it shows again as I mentioned in the most recent post in the "Green and White Papers Thread" how much the neighbors (And near ones.) of China are taking the "potential threat" they represent to the region. Again, eyes on India and China. Thailand...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/febr...her_items.html
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...rom_china.html
(Again as Mark just posted.)

Plus...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...ne_forces.html

Also tracking...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...ial_tests.html

Finally we won't be out done as well...
https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific...om-us-1.598731
https://www.armyrecognition.com/may_..._carriers.html
https://www.armyrecognition.com/augu...8_armored.html
https://www.pattayamail.com/thailand...rom-u-s-264229

And since THAILAND liked them so much...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe..._vehicles.html

Mark always does a GREAT job out here.

Regards,
Pat

Old September 28th, 2020, 11:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

do we have that in the OOB under a different name?

Old September 29th, 2020, 12:02 AM

Lieutenant General

The answer is no for the VN-1 and STRYKER M1126. I played with the "names" and did the "line item scroll".

The Stryker I knew wasn't in as I ran out time last year concerning it and also to allow time for the to become operational.

The VN-1 until the this past Feb (The first Ref I had/held and posted earlier tonight.) was the first I knew of that APC.

VT-4 we handled is in.

The "SPIDER"/or "Black Widow" (?'s by memory) is being evaluated as I posted also earlier in my last as well.

And the last Chinese Light Tank also from my last post is "down the road" as well.

VN-1 is on my list as is STRYKER. STRYKER for sure is going to be a simple copy over item from USA OOB. w/50 Cal. onboard. Just have to ensure no add on armor was ordered etc., I don't believe this to be the case though.

VN-1 should be in the "same boat" as above, providing the Chinese version is in the OOB, which I can't check at this time.

You might have your answer from me on that in the morning when you get up.

Ref just to show and as we've seen "on the wire" seem happy to leave their equipment as designated from the supplier. STINGRAY/OPLOT-T etc. etc. and as the national paper above has as well.
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/...ernal_referral

Regards,
Pat

290052 UPDATE:

1)
From above, that would be the BLACK WIDOW SYPDER which is locally designed and built. It will be under going testing and evaluation for at least a year per the ref I posted.

2) The Chinese version of the VN-1, is designated as the ZBL-08 Western designated as TYPE 08. It is NOT in the Chinese OOB using the same methods as above for the VN-1.

We will have to build both of them.

The VN-1 for Thailand will have the turreted 30mm Auto Cannon. I don't think they'll have the HJ-73C series ATGW which the Chinese have on theirs. The MG might be the 7.62mm, have to check. Has 6 grenade launchers.

The Chinese TYPE 08 will present us with a couple of options such as the base APC w/12.7mm and IFV as above to include the HJ-73C series ATGW which is the minimum we probably want to have. Another possibility as long as it doesn't fall into the realm of fantasy, would be one with the 105mm L7 onboard-your call, once I verify it exists.

Back to work later today, 34th in the mountains of N Ga. in 12 days!! But who the .... is counting!! That Submariner thing just come through sometimes in these situations!?!

So while I'm here Germany and the LEOPARDS what I've found and am thinking at this moment.

1) Those two refs from those German writers seem to be holding up to "scrutiny" thus far. And I've been checking.

2) How bad is it? Not too bad, but I'm somewhat sure it wasn't all if any "self inflicted" "pre-me" or since to establish a rough timeline.

What I'm seeing as I've seen to many times out here, are issues you guys inherited from the previous "owners", so yes "ABRAMS" all over again this year. Tanks entered on production years, improper designations (How can you modify a tank with RL upgrades when you have ~20 called 2A6!?! Which one do you fix?), well I'm fixing them, my minds set to the task, because the "clock" is running on the game.

3) Unit 263 wonderful only need to verify it has the exact FCS that's on the in game LEOPARD 2A7. Redesignate it and done.

4) I'm hoping this will be as simply as I hope from a mid-look (More than a "quick look" and less then, well you know. ) My plan is to take the newest/latest by date LEOPARD 2A5 and extend it out to 2025 after a modification review is done.

5) I'm not pulling punches, so why those idiots entered about 4/5 LEOPARD 2A6 EX MBT's is beyond me. Someone help me here Russia has the T-90A and several foreign countries we entered in about 6 at least of the following, last year designated T-90S. Do you see where I'm heading here!?! If not, the German designation "EX", like the Russian "S" are for Export tanks only.

I'm feeling better already but not as good as I will in 12 days (I sense a reoccurring theme here. )!!

6) My plan for the those LEOPARD 2A6 EX tanks to get them redesignated (As noted above UNIT 263), upgraded as required and delete the rest as unused to include any stragglers.

Generally the "EX" versions generally, seem to be the "newer 2A6" in the OOB, therefore in theory, they should be the easiest to modify up or down.

This my priority for the coming 2020/2021 Campaign. I hate that these things just happen along and have as it appears has been in the game for this long. But as Don pointed out with the OOB "game equipment" count Post of last year around or just after the last patch, finding this kind of thing is almost like playing the lottery.

Thanks for letting me vent, I appreciate it in advance.

I'm out!! Going "deep under" the covers, I hope you all have a great day!!

Already signed out once and it ain't happening twice! However I'll leave you with my "E-M-E JOE"

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 29th, 2020 at 02:25 AM..
Old September 29th, 2020, 08:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
2) The Chinese version of the VN-1, is designated as the ZBL-08 Western designated as TYPE 08. It is NOT in the Chinese OOB using the same methods as above for the VN-1.

We will have to build both of them.

The VN-1 for Thailand will have the turreted 30mm Auto Cannon. I don't think they'll have the HJ-73C series ATGW which the Chinese have on theirs. The MG might be the 7.62mm, have to check. Has 6 grenade launchers.

The Chinese TYPE 08 will present us with a couple of options such as the base APC w/12.7mm and IFV as above to include the HJ-73C series ATGW which is the minimum we probably want to have. Another possibility as long as it doesn't fall into the realm of fantasy, would be one with the 105mm L7 onboard-your call, once I verify it exists.
I can see if we already have an icon that is "close enough" for the Vn-1 / Type 8 and if not I will adapt one that will and I am making notes of these things as they pop up as best I can but I gotta say....... my enthusiasm has hit bottom and IDK if there is enough rebound left. The neverendingness is getting old. ( way old....)

.......and maybe someone can tell me what the difference is between a NORINCO ZBL-08 (Type 08)8x8 Wheeled Modular Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) and a ZBD-09 or ZBL-09 or Type 07P 8x8 Armoured infantry fighting vehicle becasue

https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.w...-09-ifv-china/

claims the ZBL-09 = VN-1 IFV

Last edited by DRG; September 29th, 2020 at 09:02 AM..
Old September 29th, 2020, 12:05 PM

Lieutenant General

What I see is the ZBL-08 seems to have a slightly different turret and a rear hatch vice ramp of the ZBL-09. The ZBL-09 also uses a Ukrainian 30mm vice the local 30mm Auto Cannon of the ZBL-08 to "CLOSE THE LOOP".

Otherwise it looks exactly the same to same specs on armor protection up 12.7mm AP along the frontal arc and 7.62mm AP on the sides.

Does have add on armor pkg. provide protection up to 25mm and I believe it 14.5mm (Whatever the standard is for that weapon.) on the sides.
http://www.military-today.com/apc/zbl_09.htm
https://www.militaryfactory.com/armo...?armor_id=1189

Those refs have plenty of pictures of each and they pretty much look the same to me.

The other version that you and I pointed out on our "Type Units" are "simple" APC with 12.7mm MG.

My time is up!!

Regards,
Pat