.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old July 31st, 2005, 12:41 AM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Operation Riposte

Mon general,

I took the assigned forces, 1 Cie Rima, 1. Cie Legion Etrangere Infanterie accompanied by two sections of Gazelles and naval air assets to Port-Mey there to protect French nationals and interests during the current period of intertribal feuding. My orders were, to take no part in the local conflict, not to initiate combat and not to aggravate an already tender situation between France and the local government. My orders also said that I was to take all necessary measures to protect the lives of French and American nationals and my own men.

The Marines landed without incident and took up their positions defending the European quarter of that seaside capital. They were attacked by local militia. Capitaine Girard ordered the militia to withdraw. They fired upon Girard's marines causing several casualties. The marines returned fire so effectively, that the militia were scattered leaving at least fifty casualties on the ground. Girard wished to pursue, but I reminded him of our orders and directed him to finish digging in and hold his positions. He had done so, when a second group of militia attacked accompanied by local regulars and supported by 105mm artillery fire. Leaving Girard to hold his positions, which he did effectively driving the militia back and routing the regulars, I sent Sub.Lt. Bellefont in a Gazelle to request the artillery to cease fire. I chose Bellefont because he is a diplomatic man and has a non-threatening demeanour. Bellefont's Gazelle was fired upon by an anti-aircraft gun and he retired rather than risk the helicopter. I requested air support from the Clemenceau to silence the artillery. So effective were the air strikes that two anti-aircraft guns and the entire battery were destroyed.

The Ambassador reported that local regulars and members of Pres. N'ba's guard were attacking the Embassy of the Republic. I dispatched Cpt.Schmidt and his company of Legionnaires to safeguard the embassy. They did so, in addition they routed the attackers and captured the Presidential Palace with N'ba and his entire government. I have placed Cpt. Schmidt on report for exceeding his orders and recommended him for a Medaille Militaire for his coolness under fire, efficiency, and initiative.

The situation is now quiet, except for occasional disjointed attacks, which the Legion is handling with its usual efficiency, and a third attack upon the European quarter. This the Marines have repulsed, with great loss of life among the attackers.

But what do I do with N'ba and his cabinet? Simple justice would dictate that I shoot them, considering the mess they have made of their country. But my orders do not give me that authority. Or should I, as a local American businessman suggested, tar and feather them and turn them loose in the slums of their capital. What should I do with them?

I rest,

Col. Lepage

Commandant,
Operation Riposte

troopie
Old July 31st, 2005, 07:32 PM

Corporal

Shadowcougar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Operation Riposte

I vote for Tar a Feathering
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

FJ_MD is on a distinguished road

Why don't you take the initiative and proclaim yourself president?

Old August 1st, 2005, 01:15 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FJ_MD said:
Why don't you take the initiative and proclaim yourself president?
Yeah!

Ole Bob Denard is back !

Next mission: hold the town while both loyalist locals and your fellow Legionnaires try to kick you out!
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:19 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road

There is a local brewery. If I can dislodge Capitaine Schmidt and his legionnaires from it, we will move out into the bush to stop some tribal massacres. Fear you rabble, the Legion is coming!

troopie