.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 16th, 2011, 06:54 PM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Started)

Atlantis player disappeared again. Last time the problem was described as "Internet blackout"; now after a turn or two it seems to happen again. I'm not sure what to do in this situation (as the player didn't express the desire of finding a sub after previous case) so I'm just waiting for him to reappear and explain the situation. If it doesn't happen soon I'll start looking for the sub. If you have better ideas please PM me.
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:28 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Started)

I'm breaking radio silence since I think private emails to Dimaz won't cut it.

I'm truly concerned for the fate of this game. I think what's happening here is unacceptable, the whole game is held hostage by Atlantis player. This is not the first, nor 2nd, pause in this game due to this player but it's certainly the most annoying.
You know what, if he had a good reason and Dimaz were to tell us: "guys, a player just had yyy happen to him so needs a week's extension" I'd have understood and accepted, but it looks to me like he couldn't care less that the game is stuck and we are all kept waiting.

Anyway, something has to be done, like take a few days to search 4 a sub starting right now, else turn him AI. It's bad, but IMHO better than forfeit the game.
If he re-appears I hope he'll be more considerate in the future.
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:21 AM

First Lieutenant

OK, I'm setting a deadline for returning of original player at 19.05, if anyone knows somebody who may wish to sub you can PM me now, after the deadline I'll open the sub thread if nobody appear before that and the game will continue with normal schedule on 21.05 with either original player, sub or AI. If original player reappear before the deadline I'll ask him to find a sub that can help during future "Internet blackouts" if they happen. Please don't post anymore in the thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimaz For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:26 AM

First Lieutenant

Looks like I forgot to add another delay after all. That's how life corrects even our best plans. I still don't have any news from Atlantis, so the plan remains.
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM

First Lieutenant

Control over Atlantis is switched to a new player. I added 24h for him and will add more if he asks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimaz For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM

First Lieutenant

Hosting postponed for ANDalusian_Sun by 24 hours. The game will now host at 22:59 GMT on Wednesday May 25th.
Player's request.
Old May 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM

First Lieutenant

Hosting postponed for ANDalusian_Sun by 13 hours. The game will now host at 11:59 GMT on Thursday May 26th.
Player's request.
Old June 4th, 2011, 01:50 AM

First Lieutenant

One of the players asked me to change hosting interval to 75h as he will probably have bad Internet access during following month. If there are no strong objections I'll do it tomorrow.
Old June 4th, 2011, 06:43 AM

First Lieutenant

Another player objects to 75h because more players may lose interest in the game this way. I have to ask you, please PM me your opinion on the subject. I will decide tomorrow what to do.
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM

First Lieutenant

The majority of players agreed that it's better to stay with current schedule and to monitor turn submission closely to prevent accidental stales. So, the question is closed for now.